Corsair TXM vs Be Quiet Pure Power 11 CM

TheGoolian

Hi there, was recommended a TXM a few months ago on my first post and thought i'd do some digging of my own now i can afford it. I had a look about myself and since low noise is important to me I found these BQ Pure power units in the same tier list (B+- for mid-range) as the TXM but could do with some confirmations on power supply units mentioned, cheers. Price not a factor between these units as they all fit my budget of ≤£90. Running a 2600x and 1660S so i'd assume power draw not going to be over 450W in any case, even if I overclocked a bit. 

Questions include:

1. Which will be the quietest in operation of the 3?

2. Is one of these going to be vastly more efficient than the other i.e. 500W is better for my system than 600W since i have a low power system?

3. If I have this completely wrong please feel free to recommend better/quieter PSU's around/below the £90 mark. (GBP, UK)

A. Corsair TXM:                           550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular

B. Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 CM: 500W  80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular

C. Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 CM: 600W  80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular 

Thanks for all replies

Out of those 3, the Pure Power 600 would be the quietest. Ignore the efficiency, it won't make a big difference, just get a good PSU and ignore the efficiency. I would suggest the Formula 450W, RM550x or Leadex III 650W over any of those. The Formula is well priced, and the RMx and Leadex are probably the quietest PSUs within your budget. You can find test results on Cybenetics

:)

I would still get the TXm Corsair. Better topology than the PP11, and better quality components, longer warranty time. The PP11 is a tad quieter though.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

14 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

I would still get the TXm Corsair. Better topology than the PP11, and better quality components, longer warranty time. The PP11 is a tad quieter though.

You seem to have a loose definition of "a tad". From Cybenetics, the TX550M spins its fan at 1510 RPM at 55W, 1660 RPM at 220W, and 1840 RPM at 385W until full load. Meanwhile, the PP10 500W spins its fan at 568 RPM from idle until 300W, and 1280 RPM at full load. This is at 40C ambient, however it is a large difference either way.

6 minutes ago, seon123 said:

You seem to have a loose definition of "a tad". From Cybenetics, the TX550M spins its fan at 1510 RPM at 55W, 1660 RPM at 220W, and 1840 RPM at 385W until full load. Meanwhile, the PP10 500W spins its fan at 568 RPM from idle until 300W, and 1280 RPM at full load. This is at 40C ambient, however it is a large difference either way.

This stuff is what i'm looking for, could you perhaps link me where you got this information from or tell me the website? Is the same fan curve true for PP11 CM(you put PP10) 500W/600W?

Just now, TheGoolian said:

This stuff is what i'm looking for, could you perhaps link me where you got this information from or tell me the website? Is the same fan curve true for PP11 CM(you put PP10) 500W/600W?

Cybenetics.

https://www.cybenetics.com/index.php?option=power-supplies

The PP11 is just a minor revision, so the fan curve should be fairly similar

From cybenetics average noise output in decibels:

TX550M                    31.64  

L10-CM-500             19.66    

L10-CM-600      20.76

Assuming the PP11's the same as the PP10 (L10 above)  it is indeed quieter by a fair bit.

From cybenetics average noise output in decibels:

TX550M                    31.64  

L10-CM-500             19.66    

L10-CM-600      20.76

Assuming the PP11's the same as the PP10 (L10 above)  it is indeed quieter by a fair bit.

Ignore the average, look at the noise level at idle and at load for your specific PC. That should be around 200W at gaming.

1 hour ago, seon123 said:

Ignore the average, look at the noise level at idle and at load for your specific PC. That should be around 200W at gaming.

Can't seem to find what you're suggesting on that website.

Edit: Found it

Edited by TheGoolian

Can't seem to find what you're suggesting on that website

Download the report and scroll down to the 10-110% load tests

Spoiler

bilde.thumb.png.6088ec5ad99aa324acf95fd7e53edc6d.png

15 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Download the report and scroll down to the 10-110% load tests

Hide contents

bilde.thumb.png.6088ec5ad99aa324acf95fd7e53edc6d.png

Ok so i'm probably sounding really incompetent right now but I can see the charts which make sense with when it changes RPM and how loud it gets, but where are the RPM values found? 

PS: Thanks for your quick replies

2 hours ago, TheGoolian said:

Ok so i'm probably sounding really incompetent right now but I can see the charts which make sense with when it changes RPM and how loud it gets, but where are the RPM values found? 

PS: Thanks for your quick replies

On the 10-110% load tests.

Spoiler

bilde.thumb.png.feb26f94f78b28eafe222f035514689b.png

well, in real life, there are other factors within the case which can be noisy. Case Fans, CPU cooler fans, HDD, graphics card : )  That's why I usually think, one can get away with a louder PSU, without noticing too much of annoying noise.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

9 hours ago, Vejnemojnen said:

well, in real life, there are other factors within the case which can be noisy. Case Fans, CPU cooler fans, HDD, graphics card : )  That's why I usually think, one can get away with a louder PSU, without noticing too much of annoying noise.

Not saying this to be picky but just let you know because I do agree with you :)

However, I use a BQ case with low rpm BQ case fans, my graphics card is the MSI variant which has semi-passive cooling and turns off the fans completely when idling, and I use an m.2 drive for my main boot, with an SSD for my main storage needs so that there is no mechanical HDD making a noise. I believe the loudest thing currently to be my PSU and maybe CPU cooler fan.

13 hours ago, seon123 said:

On the 10-110% load tests.

Reveal hidden contents

bilde.thumb.png.feb26f94f78b28eafe222f035514689b.png

Was downloading the 'short' EU pdf rather than the anex *facepalm*

Thanks for everything mate