Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Matthew_b

which gpu should I buy

Posted · Original PosterOP

so i'm stuck between two gpu's one has a better boost clock the other has a better Effective Memory Clock and better core clock. some help on which one is better would be very nice as i do not know very much about clock speeds or gpu memory speeds

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CwVG3C/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2080-super-8-gb-aorus-video-card-gv-n208saorus-8gc

better core clock and Effective Memory Clock but more expensive 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/XJxbt6/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2070-super-8-gb-aorus-video-card-gv-n207saorus-8gc

better boost clock and costs about 200 less

Hello,

The 2080S is better :

Don't forget to quote (arrow bottom left of the message) or use name tag (@name) for us to see your answer.

wow,

that's the closest i've ever seen a 2070 and 2080 super in terms of performance.

but i would still go with the 2080, because although the 2070 super does have a higher boost clock, if you look at the comments for it, some mention their boost clock goes over said boost clock, and im not sure a GIGABYTE 2080 super will actually only be able to clock up to 1805 before BSODing. 

so yeah 2080. you can probably actually overclock it to the same speed as the 2070.

BIG EDIT : so in one of the comments of the 2080 super, one guy has said his 2080 super has boost clocked to over 2k GHZ without him even doing anything, so yeah DEFINITELY THE 2080 SUPER.

Posted · Original PosterOP
4 hours ago, ketchupspill said:

wow,

that's the closest i've ever seen a 2070 and 2080 super in terms of performance.

but i would still go with the 2080, because although the 2070 super does have a higher boost clock, if you look at the comments for it, some mention their boost clock goes over said boost clock, and im not sure a GIGABYTE 2080 super will actually only be able to clock up to 1805 before BSODing. 

so yeah 2080. you can probably actually overclock it to the same speed as the 2070.

BIG EDIT : so in one of the comments of the 2080 super, one guy has said his 2080 super has boost clocked to over 2k GHZ without him even doing anything, so yeah DEFINITELY THE 2080 SUPER.

thank you so much this is very helpful

What resolution and target framerate? Everyone is so quick to say the 2080 super but if your at 1080p that shit is overkill 

CPU:  Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo: Msi X470 gaming plus max 

Cooler: Corsair h100i rgb platinum 

Fans: 6 Corsair sp120 rgb pro 

GPU: Sapphire Pulse Rx5700xt 

Ram: 32gb Corsair rgb pro ddr4 3600mhz 

Case: Corsair 220T 

PSU: Corsair Rm850x

Storage: 1Tb WD nvme, 500gb Wd Blue SSD, 2Tb seagate barracuda mechanical drive 

Display: ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-MHD 1440p      144hz ips 27 inch 

Mouse: Logitech G703

Keyboard: Razer ornata chroma 

2 hours ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

What resolution and target framerate? Everyone is so quick to say the 2080 super but if your at 1080p that shit is overkill 

but i mean, he wants the better one, and thats definitely the 2080 super