which gpu should I buy

Matthew_b

so i'm stuck between two gpu's one has a better boost clock the other has a better Effective Memory Clock and better core clock. some help on which one is better would be very nice as i do not know very much about clock speeds or gpu memory speeds

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CwVG3C/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2080-super-8-gb-aorus-video-card-gv-n208saorus-8gc

better core clock and Effective Memory Clock but more expensive 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/XJxbt6/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2070-super-8-gb-aorus-video-card-gv-n207saorus-8gc

better boost clock and costs about 200 less

wow,

that's the closest i've ever seen a 2070 and 2080 super in terms of performance.

but i would still go with the 2080, because although the 2070 super does have a higher boost clock, if you look at the comments for it, some mention their boost clock goes over said boost clock, and im not sure a GIGABYTE 2080 super will actually only be able to clock up to 1805 before BSODing. 

so yeah 2080. you can probably actually overclock it to the same speed as the 2070.

BIG EDIT : so in one of the comments of the 2080 super, one guy has said his 2080 super has boost clocked to over 2k GHZ without him even doing anything, so yeah DEFINITELY THE 2080 SUPER.

stuff is cool. stuff that has fancy lighting is cooler. stuff that has fancy lighting and works is the coolest.

i game so i know a bit abt gaming tech, not much abt professional tech.

writing this as i finish a 3 hour D2 sesh so excuse anything wrong.

4 hours ago, ketchupspill said:

wow,

that's the closest i've ever seen a 2070 and 2080 super in terms of performance.

but i would still go with the 2080, because although the 2070 super does have a higher boost clock, if you look at the comments for it, some mention their boost clock goes over said boost clock, and im not sure a GIGABYTE 2080 super will actually only be able to clock up to 1805 before BSODing. 

so yeah 2080. you can probably actually overclock it to the same speed as the 2070.

BIG EDIT : so in one of the comments of the 2080 super, one guy has said his 2080 super has boost clocked to over 2k GHZ without him even doing anything, so yeah DEFINITELY THE 2080 SUPER.

thank you so much this is very helpful

What resolution and target framerate? Everyone is so quick to say the 2080 super but if your at 1080p that shit is overkill 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

2 hours ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

What resolution and target framerate? Everyone is so quick to say the 2080 super but if your at 1080p that shit is overkill 

but i mean, he wants the better one, and thats definitely the 2080 super

stuff is cool. stuff that has fancy lighting is cooler. stuff that has fancy lighting and works is the coolest.

i game so i know a bit abt gaming tech, not much abt professional tech.

writing this as i finish a 3 hour D2 sesh so excuse anything wrong.