AMD 5 3600 Build

chap6595

So, I already to have a NZXT S340 Case....I like it and a 500W power supply...my MB / CPU failed...so Updating

Looking at going the following:

CPU: AMD5 3600

MB: Something with onboard WIFI

Cooling - I am seriously looking at a NH-D14 or a NZXT Kraken X62 Rev 2.

RAM: Was looking at 2* 16GB  3600.

Looking for support with the Motherboard help...not after something that is super high end but with some M.2 Support.

6 minutes ago, chap6595 said:

So, I already to have a NZXT S340 Case....I like it and a 500W power supply...my MB / CPU failed...so Updating

Looking at going the following:

CPU: AMD5 3600

MB: Something with onboard WIFI

Cooling - I am seriously looking at a NH-D14 or a NZXT Kraken X62 Rev 2.

RAM: Was looking at 2* 16GB  3600.

Looking for support with the Motherboard help...not after something that is super high end but with some M.2 Support.

Any budget?  Overclocking capability?  for the Motherboard?  

What GPU are you going to use because the Ryzen 5 3600 does not have integrated graphics

Oh yeah good point..I have a new Graphics Card..so that's fine. I was hoping to keep it under 1200's AUD for CPU, MB, RAM.

In regards to MB...just future M.2 Slot. Not overcooking...

What 500W PSU and what graphics card have you got?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

3 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

What 500W PSU and what graphics card have you got?

Actually just checked...its 750.

I have a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB Video Card.

2 minutes ago, chap6595 said:

Here is what I have got so far....but not sure...never used AMD before...a little lost.

https://www.pccasegear.com/sc/uQ4

If you want a Motherboard that also contains Wifi - you can get this one https://www.pccasegear.com/products/43278/msi-b450-gaming-pro-carbon-ac-motherboard

It is listed on the Motherboard Tier Thread on this forums as well ->

4 minutes ago, chap6595 said:

Here is what I have got so far....but not sure...never used AMD before...a little lost.

https://www.pccasegear.com/sc/uQ4

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

4 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

So you think that a beQuiet Dark Rock will be ok for cooling???

Thanks...That looks amazing! 

12 minutes ago, chap6595 said:

It should be more than adequate. The X63 was honestly too expensive imo for this kind of a build, and an NH-D15 wouldn't have enough clearance to fit in your case, at least on paper.

You're welcome!

4 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

It should be more than adequate. The X63 was honestly too expensive imo for this kind of a build, and a NH-D15 wouldn't have enough clearance to fit in your case, at least on paper.

You're welcome!

You are a winner..looking at NewEgg...the shipping will take foreverr due to COVID19....so what are your thoughts MSI B450 Tomahawk Max Motherboard and just get a cheap 70 Wifi Card....

5 minutes ago, chap6595 said:

You are a winner..looking at NewEgg...the shipping will take foreverr due to COVID19....so what are your thoughts MSI B450 Tomahawk Max Motherboard and just get a cheap 70 Wifi Card....

I am no guru when it comes to Motherboards but another option is the MSI B450 Gaming Pro with Wifi -> https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/t797YJ/msi-b450-gaming-pro-carbon-ac-atx-am4-motherboard-b450-gaming-pro-carbon-ac

7 minutes ago, chap6595 said:

I think it'd be better to go for the B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC, as @PyroTheWise mentioned above, as it will be slightly less expensive and would free up a PCI-E slot.

I just thought that since the difference in price between this and a good X570 board with integrated Wi-Fi wasn't that big, and the latter would've offered even better upgradability for the future, but if you want to build this system as quick as possible then by all means the choice is yours.

18 minutes ago, chap6595 said:

Any motherboard you do go with, be sure to check the motherboard compatibility with the beQuiet -> https://www.bequiet.com/en/motherboardcheck

This is mainly to make sure you won't run into any clearance issues with RAM sticks.  The Dark Rock is a great air cooling system.