Slow Internet

SteezyX

Currently for the past 1-2 weeks my internet has been going to 1000-2000 ping which is unplayable. However its not only for a few seconds its random and long periods of time. Like maybe for 8 hours of the day its good ping around 23ms however maybe in the 8 hours after it is constantly above 400. I have restarted my internet several times to only get good ping for around 3 minutes before going back to the usual 400> . I have also tried to contact my ISP however they put me on hold for more than an hour and so I ended. I have restarted my pc many times. I have spammed ipconfig /flushdns in cmd prompt. I am using an ethernet cable and the internet is not only slow on my pc but on all networks. Is there any fixes for this thanks? (Other than contacting my ISP)

Yeah this is a problem with your ISP.

flushdns will do absolutely nothing.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yeah I definitely recommend contacting your ISP to resolve the problem.

Im guessing its because of covid-19 people stay home all day and like to stream netflix. Im guessing that the cable that is going to the internet splitter that supplys your area is overloaded whenever too much people stream / download stuff.

Edit: Your ISP is probably overselling the connection.

1 hour ago, NZgamer said:

What speed are you paying for and how is the internet getting to your house?

Well usually I get good ping like below 25 constant but I think its because of COVID-19 the only reason it is annoying is because my mates are having good ping and they have same ISP as me. :|