Valve Index, or Gaming Monitor?

NPDPdev

With quarantine and all, I'm having a LOT of extra time to spend on my PC at home. Long story short, I can't decide if I want to save up a little to get the Valve Index or a nicer monitor (I have a Rift CV1). I currently have a dual monitor setup, but they are both 1080p 60hz monitors. That would be fine for most, but I have a 1080ti (i know, don't yell at me for that horrible combo), and there's pretty much no reason for me to not have a monitor with higher resolution or refresh rate.

I'm probably going to go for a 1440p 144hz monitor, or maybe 144hz with G-SYNC. My pricepoint for that is around $300-$500, but that's enough to knock me out of getting an Index for quite some time.

Tl;dr: I have a 1080ti with a 1080p 60hz monitor, and a Rift CV1. Should I get a better monitor, or a Valve Index?

What's more beneficial to you? Are you happy with your Rift and don't really feel the need to get an Index? 

If I were in this situation, I'd probably go for the 1440p monitor since you do have a VR headset to begin with, but I don't really know what's better for you.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

29 minutes ago, NPDPdev said:

With quarantine and all, I'm having a LOT of extra time to spend on my PC at home. Long story short, I can't decide if I want to save up a little to get the Valve Index or a nicer monitor (I have a Rift CV1). I currently have a dual monitor setup, but they are both 1080p 60hz monitors. That would be fine for most, but I have a 1080ti (i know, don't yell at me for that horrible combo), and there's pretty much no reason for me to not have a monitor with higher resolution or refresh rate.

I'm probably going to go for a 1440p 144hz monitor, or maybe 144hz with G-SYNC. My pricepoint for that is around $300-$500, but that's enough to knock me out of getting an Index for quite some time.

Tl;dr: I have a 1080ti with a 1080p 60hz monitor, and a Rift CV1. Should I get a better monitor, or a Valve Index?

Go for the monitor. You'll be spending much more time on that than the headset.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB