Favorite Non-tech YouTube channels

JZStudios

We're all bored and stuck inside, and YouTube recommendations are utter crap. So in an attempt to get some more worthwhile watch material, what are some favorite YT channels?

I recommend;

1. Grind Hard Plumbing Co.; (Not a plumbing company) They do some seriously impressive home garage fabrication, primarily currently turning a child's toy into an off-roading beast. Content is fun and family friendly, if that matters, and vehicle/fabrication knowledge isn't required.
  2. Mighty Car Mods; Watch some Australians bumble around modding cars while a man named Moog touches feet and eats leftover candy from used car seats.
  3. Please Stop Talking; If you hate your life and want to be reassured that there are indeed people worse than you in existence. Includes popular game reviewers Shammy and Mandalore. Lots of fun and very family unfriendly stories. Recreational catheter usage optional.
  4. Retro Replay; Watch video game stars Troy Baker and Nolan North (They're in literally everything) fail through classic video games while making lots of dated references to movies and music, and recalling childhood stories.

#Muricaparrotgang

I've got a few, none of which I run (yes that's relevant):

1. NEUTRAL DROP - Oh man, if you like to watch end-of-life cars getting massacred and New Yorkers talking shit, you WILL enjoy these motherfuckers.
  2. ashens - Super old-school YouTuber who reviews random tat. I'm sure most of us have seen at least one of his videos.
  3. S&M Destruction (actual channel name is under the channel runner) - Destruction of random shit. They haven't really had a good upload schedule for about 3 years, but they're really fun and funny to watch over and over.

That's all I've really got, but they're all good.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

13 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

I've got a few, none of which I run (yes that's relevant):

1. NEUTRAL DROP - Oh man, if you like to watch end-of-life cars getting massacred and New Yorkers talking shit, you WILL enjoy these motherfuckers.
  2. ashens - Super old-school YouTuber who reviews random tat. I'm sure most of us have seen at least one of his videos.
  3. S&M Destruction (actual channel name is under the channel runner) - Destruction of random shit. They haven't really had a good upload schedule for about 3 years, but they're really fun and funny to watch over and over.

That's all I've really got, but they're all good.

Wow. Frankly not super into watching people just beat on shit for no reason. It's kind of just sad. Each his own though I guess.

#Muricaparrotgang

I used to really enjoy the Angry Videogame Nerd series. (Yeah, it's games. So kinda tech-ish, but in a different way.) He takes suggestions for the worst video games ever made and then plays them, while growing increasingly more drunk. Here are a few of my favorites:

Edit: The Mortal Kombat one was a mispost. I have fixed with the truck racing game.

I watch a lot of tech content, but I do have some favorites outside of that category:

This is Dan Bell - Epic producer of content ranging from urbex to disgusting hotel rooms, does a lot of investigative stories about Baltimore where he lives. Fantastic guy to watch.

FortNine - A motorcycle-centric channel, but there is a lot of information about travelling out in the woods sprinkled around.

GTOger - A channel about a parking lot where cars are towed, I'm not kidding, the guy makes about one video a week and they're usually quite funny.

The Proper People - Another excellent urbex channel with stellar production value and great locations all over the world.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

UpUpDwnDwn is one of my favourites, I also really like GrandPooBear. I mean they are both streamers but also do youtube videos so take that for what it is. Dude Perfect is always a good time too.

I like to listen to narratives of scary stories while multitasking. Best channels in my opinion for that are Lazy Masquerade and Mr. Nightmare.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

2 hours ago, atxcyclist said:

This is Dan Bell - Epic producer of content ranging from urbex to disgusting hotel rooms, does a lot of investigative stories about Baltimore where he lives. Fantastic guy to watch.

I was into Dan Bell for a while, but looking further into him as a dude has kinda driven me away from his content these days. I do like a lot of his crew for Another Dirty Room, though. (I miss Will!)

8 minutes ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

I like to listen to narratives of scary stories while multitasking. Best channels in my opinion for that are Lazy Masquerade and Mr. Nightmare.

My wife likes a few podcasts called "Let's Not Meet" and "Radio Rental" where people share their own true scary stories.

I highly recommend Radio Rental S1E4 (specifically part 2, though part 1 is also good): Laura of the Woods

Darksquidge is a laugh every now and then.

Flashgitz is alright has some good, slightly offensive cartoons.

Chris Ray Gun is good for a general light hearty mick take of whatever’s in the news every 3 months

Videogamedunky Can literally post a 5 min video of just birds and get over 2 million views

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

The Critical Drinker

About - I drink and I say things. I'll happily give my opinions on movies, TV shows, video games and current events in the entertainment industry. Expect a healthy dose of sarcasm, biting criticism and low-functioning alcoholism.

Tofupupper

About - Minasan Konichiwa! It’s me Tofu Chan

Townsends

About - A channel dedicated to exploring the 18th Century lifestyle; living, cooking, clothing, and much more.

-kp

11 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

If you want some nonchalant gameplay and British humor over "spooky" games I recommend Helloween4545. He recently stopped doing YT videos and turned to streaming though.

#Muricaparrotgang

“Sideways” talks about music in soundtracks. Idk how accessible it is to those that don’t have music theory background. 

“Shafrillis production” isn’t that annoying with his movie reviews. Most “video essay” people are tools imo. 

“This old Tony” is a funny machine shop guy. Good jokes & stuff. 

If i mention my own channel, would anyone notice? XD

pewdiepie. Um... I’m like 19 now if I haven’t aged again & remember correctly soooo

AvE

This Old Tony

Alec Steele 
DevilArtemis
NileRed
Nerd Rage
Today I Found Out
GVMERS 
NoClip
Joshua Weissman
Millennial Farmer (I am from farm country)

I got over 300 subscripts. Help ._.

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

23 hours ago, trevb0t said:

I was into Dan Bell for a while, but looking further into him as a dude has kinda driven me away from his content these days. I do like a lot of his crew for Another Dirty Room, though. (I miss Will!)

Just curious, but what kind of stuff was it? Life has been hectic and honestly I haven't followed him as closely these days as I did a while back. 

The thing with Will sucks, but Will let his girlfriend run his life and it seems like that stopped production of videos. It's a shame because he was good on camera.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

2 hours ago, atxcyclist said:

Just curious, but what kind of stuff was it? Life has been hectic and honestly I haven't followed him as closely these days as I did a while back. 

The thing with Will sucks, but Will let his girlfriend run his life and it seems like that stopped production of videos. It's a shame because he was good on camera.

A fair few of his videos have been staged, and plenty of it is exploitive whether it is or not. For example, a while back he released a Leakin Park Documentary in which he crosses police tape lines to go pick up fragments of a human skull, collects them and brings them to his truck. He then flags down a conveniently placed patrol officer, who explains in detail that it was a Shotgun suicide (which an officer wouldnt do for just some random guy, camera or no.) And seems unbothered that this civilian just collected skull samples from the scene. Okay... (And yuck!) 

When Dan jokes, it's always at Rick's expense, and that's fine since that's their friendship, but he almost like pushes the younger guys to bully him these days, and you can straight up see that he doesnt want to take it. That's a personal view, and not a large issue, since Rick could just stop. 

Also he's very pushy about patreon benefits. Like you're not helping if you're not giving him $15+ a month. Bite me, dude. Netflix costs less than that. I'm all for content creators making a living for good content, but I feel like there is a certain culture around begging and even shaming fans into feeling like they need to give of their hard earned money. You and I dont work hard just to pay youtubers out of pocket imo. That's the beauty of subtle advertising and youtube partnership.

@atxcyclistI'm surprised you didn't include Regular Car Reviews in the list.

Car reviews are usually so boring and dry. But this guy takes a literary approach to reviewing cars and goes completely off tangent talking about English writing and philosophy. And I absolutely love how he reviews anything under the sun, from classic cars to Oldsmobile Aleros. Every car gets the same nonsensical treatment. 

7 hours ago, trevb0t said:

Also he's very pushy about patreon benefits. Like you're not helping if you're not giving him $15+ a month. Bite me, dude. Netflix costs less than that. I'm all for content creators making a living for good content, but I feel like there is a certain culture around begging and even shaming fans into feeling like they need to give of their hard earned money. You and I dont work hard just to pay youtubers out of pocket imo. That's the beauty of subtle advertising and youtube partnership.

You think that's bad? Check out Tom O'Regan's patreon, he's asking for $10,000 and all you get is $5000.

https://www.patreon.com/TomORegan

#Muricaparrotgang

• 3 weeks later...

Mighty Car Mods have a thread on their FB page where they were talking about their IT infrastructure and a few have suggested a collaboration video between MCM and LTT.
I personally would love to see that!
MCM and LTT are the first two YouTube channels I ever subscribed to :)

Demolition Ranch

Paymoney Wubby

Project Farm

Smoking Tire

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

I really enjoy Doug Demuro's car reviews.  He has tested some cool cars.  My favourite was when he got to do a report on the McLaren F1, even if Jay Leno wouldn't let him drive it.

colin furze

chucke2009

random train channels (traveling tom has a really good tour/explanation video of the DD40X).

JoulZ guides (It feels like he might just be repeating some wives tails or old myths but fun anyway).

ethnic dads (sooshi mango)

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.