Should I get a new case or monitor first?

Both my 18" 1366x768 TV (not monitor) and case were a gift, and thus I'm looking to upgrade in the near future

this is the monitor I'm thinking of getting, as it was praised by linus and its cheap. I mostly game and have trouble spotting targets over long distances in games like apex and warzone.

Im running a 2600 and 580 on a case designed to house a pentium 4, so they choke on themselves when rendering and gaming respectively, but not together (yet)

this is the case I want and I'm gonna add probably 3 fans for maximum airflow

any advice in general? TIA

If you think that the case is the reason it's struggling then maybe go case then monitor. The monitor would probably be my first upgrade and then I would do some manual/custom work or upgrades to the case. Like opening the side panel to get better airflow. Or trying to find cheap fans that run better or even like making a hole in the front for a fan and making my own filter. 

2 minutes ago, Stoigeboiii said:

What case do you have? Any pictures?

tbf, i wouldn't say struggling ( mostly because its moving so little pixels) but I wouldnt consider my temps safe (80c), also the case panel is always open. As I said i think i struggle with the physical limitations on my monitor but I cant be sure

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-08 at 16.56.13 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-09 at 20.59.32.jpeg

Do you have any intake fans at the top? If you can't get 75fps on 720p then you won't get 75fps on 1080p on the new monitor. So maybe you need to get the case first and see if it makes a change. I'd personally see if I can saw a hole bottom half of the front panel and add a fan(or even one to the top). Then make sure airflow is good. I don't see any airflow for the CPU either so maybe elevating it and putting fans on the bottom would be good. I could be wrong but it'd cool to tinker if you would get a new case anyway! Like if you break your current case then just get a new one. 

4 minutes ago, Stoigeboiii said:

Do you have any intake fans at the top? If you can't get 75fps on 720p then you won't get 75fps on 1080p on the new monitor. So maybe you need to get the case first and see if it makes a change. I'd personally see if I can saw a hole bottom half of the front panel and add a fan(or even one to the top). Then make sure airflow is good. I don't see any airflow for the CPU either so maybe elevating it and putting fans on the bottom would be good. I could be wrong but it'd cool to tinker if you would get a new case anyway! Like if you break your current case then just get a new one. 

behind that acer logo it has holes for mounting a 90?mm fan and intakes at the bottom of the plastic thing, do you think it would make much difference if i replace the exhaust fan and put it as intake on the front? 

4 minutes ago, AeroMagnus said:

behind that acer logo it has holes for mounting a 90?mm fan and intakes at the bottom of the plastic thing, do you think it would make much difference if i replace the exhaust fan and put it as intake on the front? 

Personally from my experience having a better fans does more than cases. If you only have one outake fan or on intake then yeah I could make a difference. Not sure the origination of where the fans should go. But you should have equal intake and outtake. Maybe one at the bottom for the gpu if that gets hot a lot 

@AeroMagnus

If performance if your main concern, then I'd get a better case. The bigger the case, the easier the air flows. A bigger case also makes it easier to replace parts, since you can actually see it and get to it with relative ease. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

@AeroMagnus

And as far as which case you should get, I know you already have one picked out, but here is the one I have for the hell of it. 

Link: Crystal Series™ 570X RGB ATX Mid-Tower Case

spacer.png

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

2 hours ago, AeroMagnus said:

tbf, i wouldn't say struggling ( mostly because its moving so little pixels) but I wouldnt consider my temps safe (80c), also the case panel is always open. As I said i think i struggle with the physical limitations on my monitor but I cant be sure

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-08 at 16.56.13 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-09 at 20.59.32.jpeg

if you want to mod the case then try get a 120mm fan in the front. could put on top and posaly one or 2 on the bottom if it fits but the gpu so close that just cutting a hole for air for the gpu would be a big help and posably jack the case up a bit like try get an inch under it.

or buy a case haha or get a used cheaper better case

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 hour ago, AeroMagnus said:

I mean yeah its better but costs thrice as much lol

🙂 Well, as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. This couldn't be more true when it comes to computers or electronic devices in general. Its why Payless is on the verge of going completely out of business, struggling to remain relevant, while Foot Locker is as strong as its ever been. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

7 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

🙂 Well, as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. This couldn't be more true when it comes to computers or electronic devices in general. Its why Payless is on the verge of going completely out of business, struggling to remain relevant, while Foot Locker is as strong as its ever been. 

not true tbh. a 2080ti is like 7$ per fps and a 5700xt like $4 lol

45 minutes ago, AeroMagnus said:

not true tbh. a 2080ti is like 7$ per fps and a 5700xt like $4 lol

🙂 Well, not always true of course, but its often true. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10