i9-9900KS at 100c

Hey guys, title!

My current setup is as listed:

i9-9900KS at 4GHz (with auto OC as you know, I didnt do any manual OCs)

AIO H150i PRO

Aorus Xtreme 2080Ti 

32GB Ram G.Skill

Question is: why is it hitting 100c? Is it normal for this CPU? Should I change my AIO and if yes, to what model?

Thanks in advance!

was thermal paste applied? or maybe those plastic covers wasn't removed?

does your case have good airflow. another thing to check is there isn't a dead fan, or maybe even a dead pump.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

Just now, Inception9269 said:

was thermal paste applied? or maybe those plastic covers wasn't removed?

does your case have good airflow. another thing to check is there isn't a dead fan, or maybe even a dead pump.

Yes, I removed the stock thermal paste from the H150i and applied the Grizzly Kryonaut one. Yes plastic covers were removed. No blocked airflows and no dead fans. My case is a C700P too.

Something is definitely wrong. Is the pump plugged in to a pump header? Can you feel it moving fluid? Did you follow the instructions well/are you confident with your mount? is 100c on all cores?

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

2 minutes ago, SenKa said:

Something is definitely wrong. Is the pump plugged in to a pump header? Can you feel it moving fluid? Did you follow the instructions well/are you confident with your mount? is 100c on all cores?

My MOBO is the Z390 Aorus Master and I've plugged the pump into the CPU_FAN header. I'm not sure if it's either fluid moving or if its the vibration caused by the fans... Yes I'm pretty confident in my mount. 

When I'm in-game this is what I see in the Rivaturner OSD

image.png.ca7ff10b432a4e17d717dae2b9c9deb0.png

1 minute ago, Seensi said:

My MOBO is the Z390 Aorus Master and I've plugged the pump into the CPU_FAN header. I'm not sure if it's either fluid moving or if its the vibration caused by the fans... Yes I'm pretty confident in my mount. 

When I'm in-game this is what I see in the Rivaturner OSD

image.png.ca7ff10b432a4e17d717dae2b9c9deb0.png

That wide variation in temps tells me your thermal paste application might have been bad.

Also, the pump goes in to CPU_PUMP. Not CPU_FAN. The former is rated for the higher amperage of a pump.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 

21 minutes ago, SenKa said:

That wide variation in temps tells me your thermal paste application might have been bad.

Also, the pump goes in to CPU_PUMP. Not CPU_FAN. The former is rated for the higher amperage of a pump.

There's no CPU_PUMP in my mobo though... CPU_FAN and right underneath CPU_OPT

EDIT: Found a SYS_FAN6_PUMP header. I'll try to see any changes!

EDIT2: Ok now this is the result using SYS_FAN6_PUMP header:

image.png.e31f49558d9e80700327a1c992847f6e.png

image.png.87619dda6f83547a63aa09c499a8a585.png

Thats still a MASSIVE range in core temps... If you have thermal paste laying around, try to re-mount the pump/block.

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, SenKa said:

Thats still a MASSIVE range in core temps... If you have thermal paste laying around, try to re-mount the pump/block.

pretty much this here.

for me with my systems I always go with the spreading method for thermal compound, so that I know for a fact that there's full coverage.

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

Since I bought the Kryonaut one, I followed this video on how apply my thermal paste: 

I've solved the problem and you guys won't believe what it was... The screws for the main part of the cooler wasn't screwed tightly... I forgot to tight it after setting up 😆

Now this is what I get:

image.png.e6637941a2a5c58fcf0df69bdf2a0826.png

6 hours ago, Seensi said:

I've solved the problem and you guys won't believe what it was... The screws for the main part of the cooler wasn't screwed tightly... I forgot to tight it after setting up 😆

Now this is what I get:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=0c2a8b7d8afbc61aimageproxy.php?img=&key=0c2a8b7d8afbc61aimageproxy.php?img=&key=0c2a8b7d8afbc61a

imageproxy.php?img=&key=0c2a8b7d8afbc61aimage.png.e6637941a2a5c58fcf0df69bdf2a0826.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=0c2a8b7d8afbc61aimageproxy.php?img=&key=0c2a8b7d8afbc61a

source.gif