Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grez

Questions on Custom Water Loop

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi guys I am building my first custom loop and I am wondering if I need to connect the 4pin connector and the molex of if I can just use the 4pin ? also I would like to know if it is a good idea to connect it to a corsair commander pro or should I connect it only to the pump connector on my motherboard ?

26 minutes ago, Grez said:

Hi guys I am building my first custom loop and I am wondering if I need to connect the 4pin connector and the molex of if I can just use the 4pin ? also I would like to know if it is a good idea to connect it to a corsair commander pro or should I connect it only to the pump connector on my motherboard ?

For the pump if it is a PWM unit you must connect the molex/sata for power and the 4 pin to the motherboard or Commander Pro for speed control. I would recommend to connect to the CPU header as it will provide feedback if the pump were to die. 

Posted · Original PosterOP

thanks

should I leave the pump always at 50% or always at 100% ?

43 minutes ago, Grez said:

thanks

should I leave the pump always at 50% or always at 100% ?

I usually recommend to just keep it at a level which is comfortable in terms of noise. I personally run my vario D5 at the lowest possible setting for silence, you can also setup the PWM version to vary depending on load and run faster. You don't gain a huge amount in terms of performance running the pump at 100%.