Built first PC - turns on but getting no signal

Hi, I’ve just finished my first build, however when I turn it on there is no display at all. I’ve ended up rebuilding the whole system and I’m getting the same outcome, even building it outside the case. The fans will turn (GPU fans won’t spin though) and the LEDs turn on, however there is no output at all. I’ve tried multiple monitors. I am plugging directly into the GPU via HDMI because there are no onboard graphics. The parts list is https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/9dvKGc I’m currently starting to wonder if anything was dead-on-arrival or there is an incompatibility issue? Cheers for the help, been trying with this all afternoon

it may be bios related or like you said DOA.  i would try a bios update and see if that fixes your issue

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

4 minutes ago, xdeathshot20 said:

it may be bios related or like you said DOA.  i would try a bios update and see if that fixes your issue

Thanks for the reply, is a bios update easily enough done? This is all new to me.

I have almost the same setup and build my first PC yesterday. 

Similarities:
AMD Ryzen 5

MSI B450 ATX AM4 MoBo

Corsair RAM 8 x 2 (16GB)

I had no output whatsoever, UNTIL --> I removed one of the RAM blocks from DIMM slot 2B - I think - (The second red one counting outwards from CPU).

I then booted with only 8gb RAM in the first red DIMM slot and voila - I could now get output to my monitors,
Then
1: installed windows,
2: Ran windows update

3: Turned PC off

4: Inserted second RAM block

5: Profit. 

I know next to nothing about these things, but I stumpled on this tip, decided to try it, and luckily - it worked for me. 

Hope it works for you as well. Good luck!

3 hours ago, conora said:

Thanks for the reply, is a bios update easily enough done? This is all new to me.

depends, usally if you can boot into the bios, either your board will have a feature to update it right from there or you need to grab a usb, go to the manufacture website and download the bios from there.  all this revolves around you being able to boot into the bios

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

7 hours ago, xdeathshot20 said:

depends, usally if you can boot into the bios, either your board will have a feature to update it right from there or you need to grab a usb, go to the manufacture website and download the bios from there.  all this revolves around you being able to boot into the bios

Yeahh, the thing is I don’t get to that point. I can’t actually boot into the BIOS. The PC will turn on with fans spinning and the will just get no signal. It just stays like that

1 hour ago, conora said:

Yeahh, the thing is I don’t get to that point. I can’t actually boot into the BIOS. The PC will turn on with fans spinning and the will just get no signal. It just stays like that

Did you try booting with only 1 of the 2 RAM blocks inserted? Just curious, since my problem was exactly 1:1 what you're describing

15 minutes ago, Davijo said:

Did you try booting with only 1 of the 2 RAM blocks inserted? Just curious, since my problem was exactly 1:1 what you're describing

Yep, have tried using booting with just one stick and tried again with the other stick, still nothin I’m afraid. I guess that rules out RAM being the issue tho!

12 hours ago, conora said:

The fans will turn (GPU fans won’t spin though) and the LEDs turn on, however there is no output at all. I’ve tried multiple monitors. 

What about the 4 EZ debug LED's on the MoBo?

24 minutes ago, Davijo said:

What about the 4 EZ debug LED's on the MoBo?

This is the msi b450m-a pro max which is a micro atx board, unfortunately it’s got no debug LEDs. Considering hooking up a speaker to the mobo to try see if that tells me anything. I’m guessing that the GPU, motherboard or CPU must be faulty at the moment

42 minutes ago, conora said:

This is the msi b450m-a pro max which is a micro atx board, unfortunately it’s got no debug LEDs. Considering hooking up a speaker to the mobo to try see if that tells me anything. I’m guessing that the GPU, motherboard or CPU must be faulty at the moment

You might as well go for broke and replace each part, your power supply could be a dud, your motherboard, just throw the whole thing away. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10