CPU problems after BIOS update.

Anion

I asked a friend and on this forum for advice on how to fix a mobo issue, and although updating the BIOS fixed the issue, I'm pretty sure the BIOS update reverted everything back to factory settings which includes my fan settings and cpu settings. I have no idea what the previous settings were since its been 2 years since ive set them.

Idle temps for the cpu seem pretty normal with most cores staying at 31c while im write this.

Is 82c normal when playing Minecraft with high settings for an i7 8700k, because CPU intensive games are causing it to run a little toasty and the fan now sounds like a jet engine.  

Is there any way to recover these settings, because I honestly don't remember what I had them set at before.

Quick answer - sorry but no. Bios update equals clearing saved presets in most cases.

Ryzen 5 3600 || Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2060 Super || B450A-PRO || G.SKILL Ripjaws 3200MHz CL15 2x8GB

28 minutes ago, Anion said:

Is 82c normal when playing Minecraft with high settings for an i7 8700k

Depends on the CPU cooler

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad