Strange pixels blocking out apps on laptop

idonthaveklutch

Hello, I'm not sure the best way to describe this so I've attached a photo. This will happen on any app at random times. My laptop is an ASUS FX503VD. It just recently started doing this. Anyone know what's going on?

pixels.PNG

Unless it's a virus, your GPU is dying. Are you running the onboard video or the dedicated gpu?

this looks like gpu dying fam, if it was a virus it would at least mine xmr or something on background or ransom you, not do this nasty shit for nothing...
on ebay you can get gtx 1060 3gb for 100€ or gtx 1070 for 200€ its not that big deal

*Insert overused Linus dropping things/little man syndrome joke*

13 minutes ago, cerpadlo said:

this looks like gpu dying fam, if it was a virus it would at least mine xmr or something on background or ransom you, not do this nasty shit for nothing...
on ebay you can get gtx 1060 3gb for 100€ or gtx 1070 for 200€ its not that big deal

This is an ASUS laptop. Not sure how I'd replace it. But, I have a question that may change your answer. Also recently, but before this started, my laptop began to boot only into BIOS and wouldn't recognize my SSD. Eventually it would work but this would happen from time to time. Now that something is going on with the GPU, could it be a problem with the motherboard?

Edit. Also it never happens in games and the performance in games isn't bad. 

@cerpadlo What you are describing is not a virus, it's a wannabe hacker (or cracker) using pre-made trojans and some batch scripts. 

@idonthaveklutch Yes, unfortunately it could be the motherboard as well. If it is the GPU, see if you can switch to onboard graphics in the bios. If the issue is still there, it will likely be the board itself. You cannot replace the gpu on 99% of sold laptops as they are directly soldered onto the pcb and there are no available replacement parts anyways. 

Also try a clean windows install before you RMA the laptop. Might just be a corrupt windows installation (fingers crossed).

@idonthaveklutch then your pc is dying, its prob a board failure, you prob have to replace the whole thing

@Applefreakbruh i dont think theres a way to do this in batch, and idk why would anyone do it, and windows defender would prob detect it