How to connect NZXT Smart Device / Aer Fans

Apologies for asking what may seem obvious to many of you, but I'm picking up the NZXT H510 Elite case which comes with a "Smart Device" built in, as well as 2 RGB Aer fans in the front.

Firstly, am I right in assuming that the fans will be connected to the motherboard for power, and the smart device for RGB?

And secondly, where does the Smart Device connect on the motherboard?

I've built 2 PCs but I'm new to this brave new RGB world. Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...

Smart Device V2 that comes with the H510 Elite has three fan channels. Fan channel 1 has a 3 way fan splitter connected to it. Also, there are two RGB channels. One RGB channel is for LED strips and the other RGB channel is for the NZXT AER RGB 2 case fans. I don’t believe it matters which RGB channel you use for fans or for led strips, but don’t connect led strips and fans together as they should not share the same RGB channel.

Note: If you’re using NZXT aio liquid cooler, it will also include a 3 way fan splitter. Connect the fans that you use with the radiator to that splitter instead of the splitter on the Smart Device V2.

If you have any other questions about NZXT connections, I’ll do my best to help.