Good gaming mouse?

doinurmop

Yo I've had to return my G603 due to an issue with the left clicks swithc double clicking when it shouldn't be. It's out of stock on amazon so I'm getting a refund (only £34 since I got it on discount but better than nothing)

Does anyone have any good mouse of a similar shape, and price tag? and if possible, wireless?

The Model O and Deathadder elite both look interesting

Thanks

Sometimes, I dream about cheese

Roccat has some new wireless, I do like razer mice too, I using a lancehead TE right now. Got in new for $20 so can't complain. HyperX feels really nice and smooth but I'm not sure if they have a wireless model.

Just some options.

First watercooled System

Build Name: Frost

Monitor: Alienware AW3423DWF 1800R Curved Ultrawide 3440x1440 QD-OLED 157hz 10 bit 0.1ms

Chassis: Lian Li 011 Dynamic EVO w/ 2x120mm Corsair QL RGB Fans on the bottom 1x120mm on back exhaust

Top Rad & Fans:  Corsair 54mm 360mm w/ 3x120mm Corsair ML Pro RGB Fans

Side Rad & Fans: Corsair 30mm 360mm w/ 3x120mm Corsair QL RGB Fans

Motherboard: Asrock X670E Steel Legend

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D w/ Corsair XC7 RGB Pro w/ Kyrosheet

Memory/RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB DDR5 2x16GB 32GB 6000Mhz

GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 4080 TUF w/ EK-Quantum Vector2 Nickel/Plexi & Backplate

Pump/Reservoir: Corsair XD5 RGB

Coolant: EK Mystic Fog

PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000w G3 w/ custom modmesh black & white cables from cablemod

Boot/OS SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB NVMe

WZ/2042 SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Game SSD: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB

Performance/Editing HDD: Western Digital Black 1TB

Storage HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB

Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition/Razer Mamba

Mouse Mat: Corsair MM700 RGB

Keyboard: Razer Ornata Chroma

Microphone: HyperX Quadcast

Headset: Razer Blackshark v2 Pro

Eyewear/Glasses: Gunnar Optiks Razer FPS

Camera: Razer Kiyo Pro

55 minutes ago, ChaosCGTV said:

Roccat has some new wireless, I do like razer mice too, I using a lancehead TE right now. Got in new for $20 so can't complain. HyperX feels really nice and smooth but I'm not sure if they have a wireless model.

Just some options.

I've honestly never used Razer mice, I've just heard they're good, I think I've mainly used Logitech and Steelseries.

I haven't use logitech or steelseries but I heard there nice as well.

Maybe go for them since you used them before. Unless you're going for something new then I go with one of the ones you were looking at. I like Razer but some are pricey, corsair is also nice. My friend has the nightsword which comes with weights which is really nice and rubber palm grip which I really like.

First watercooled System

Monitor: Alienware AW3423DWF 1800R Curved Ultrawide 3440x1440 QD-OLED 157hz 10 bit 0.1ms

Chassis: Lian Li 011 Dynamic EVO w/ 2x120mm Corsair QL RGB Fans on the bottom 1x120mm on back exhaust

PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000w G3 w/ custom modmesh black & white cables from cablemod

Just now, ChaosCGTV said:

I haven't use logitech or steelseries but I here there nice as well.

Maybe go for them since you used them before. Unless you're going for something new then I go with one of the ones you were looking at. I like Razer but some are pricey, corsair is also nice. My friend has the nightsword which comes with weights which is really nice and rubber palm grip which I really like.

Since what I assume was the switch for my left click on my G603 got messed after only 5 months I kinda wanna step away from logitech rn to an extent.

And yeah, Razer seems nice but alot of the newer mice after the Deathadder Elite and Naga seem pretty pricey.

Nightsword seems interesting , although £70 is a bit steep. Since my refund is £34 I'm probs looking more into the £50-£60 range I think.

16 minutes ago, doinurmop said:

Since what I assume was the switch for my left click on my G603 got messed after only 5 months I kinda wanna step away from logitech rn to an extent.

And yeah, Razer seems nice but alot of the newer mice after the Deathadder Elite and Naga seem pretty pricey.

Nightsword seems interesting , although £70 is a bit steep. Since my refund is £34 I'm probs looking more into the £50-£60 range I think.

Okay well here is another one Corsair Ironclaw with RGB wireless and wired versions. The wireless I think is around 70 though.

As far as razer I'd just get the one you like and in price range with the things you want. DPI, button, click, grip type, lighting. Like all mice I suppose. You can also check ebay thats where I got my lancehead like I said 20 USD, brand new was quite the steal. 😁

First watercooled System

54 minutes ago, ChaosCGTV said:

Okay well here is another one Corsair Ironclaw with RGB wireless and wired versions. The wireless I think is around 70 though.

As far as razer I'd just get the one you like and in price range with the things you want. DPI, button, click, grip type, lighting. Like all mice I suppose. You can also check ebay thats where I got my lancehead like I said 20 USD, brand new was quite the steal. 😁

Yeah the lancehead is defo cheaper on Ebay haha, not seeing steals like yours, but definitely considerable deals.

I even found the wireless version (used) for about £40. 

I don't see many good reviews regarding the wireless one tho, haha.

4 hours ago, doinurmop said:

Yeah the lancehead is defo cheaper on Ebay haha, not seeing steals like yours, but definitely considerable deals.

I even found the wireless version (used) for about £40. 

I don't see many good reviews regarding the wireless one tho, haha.

Yeah i never owned a wireless mouse so I'm not sure about any of them. If you wanted wireless though I guess grab the best one within your budget.

First watercooled System

19 minutes ago, ChaosCGTV said:

Yeah i never owned a wireless mouse so I'm not sure about any of them. If you wanted wireless though I guess grab the best one within your budget.

I do, but I'm gonna just go with what ever I find for now.

I've actually found a good looking one that's exactly my refund money though, the CM MM710 for £35

Same lightweight Model O/D type design too. Pretty good reviews. So I think that might end up being the choice?

I've owned and used both expensive and cheap Chinese no-name brand mice. In terms of reliability, about the same. Unless the quality of Omron switches have cheapened, or that the knock-offs are now just as good, I'm not sure there's really a mouse equivalent of a mechanical keyboard out there in therms of MTBF rate.

And yes, the auto double-click or drag and auto-drop is a sign of a closed switch losing internal contact. Hence, failing switch. I've tried electrical contact cleaner and it didn't help.

2 minutes ago, StDragon said:

I've owned and used both expensive and cheap Chinese no-name brand mice. In terms of reliability, about the same. Unless the quality of Omron switches have cheapened, or that the knock-offs are now just as good, I'm not sure there's really a mouse equivalent of a mechanical keyboard out there in therms of MTBF rate.

And yes, the auto double-click or drag and auto-drop is a sign of a closed switch losing internal contact. Hence, failing switch. I've tried electrical contact cleaner and it didn't help.

China number 1?

1 minute ago, StDragon said:

Micro Center special? Can get Inland mice real cheap for a few bucks. But if you want a cheap mouse with a name behind it, Try Amazon Basics

How long till we see a large esports team running exclusively amazon basics mice?

Fr tho, I'm sure those types are good for general use, and hell maybe even rpgs and mobas.

for an epic occasional fps gamer like myself, they probs wouldn't fair too well.

tho ofc i haven't used or tried them so i'm going off assumption 

1 hour ago, doinurmop said:

How long till we see a large esports team running exclusively amazon basics mice?

lol, I wish if only for spectator entertainment value. Seeing the frustration would be pure schadenfreude 😂🤣

Ok, in all seriousness the Logitech G305 is probably one of the best values in high-quality high-performing gaming mice for the price. But I still stand behind my assertion that the micro switches will have about the same lifespan as any other average mouse. But at least you'll be gaming with a great choice IMHO. 

6 minutes ago, StDragon said:

lol, I wish if only for spectator entertainment value. Seeing the frustration would be pure schadenfreude 😂🤣

Ok, in all seriousness the Logitech G305 is probably one of the best values in high-quality high-performing gaming mice for the price. But I still stand behind my assertion that the micro switches will have about the same lifespan as any other average mouse. But at least you'll be gaming with a great choice IMHO. 

God I know, it'd be amazing to watch. 

I've heard a lot of good things about that mouse, and it's only £10 above my refund so I could probs get it. Even if I am a little like, mad with Logitech since my switch malfunctioned after 5 months.

Tho i'm still pretty convinced by the CM M710 ngl. It's wired which still isn't a huge issue, exactly my refund and after going back to my smaller lightweight mouse, the rival 100, I feel it'd suit me pretty well tbh.

Only time can tell for now.

Yeah, I'd say the MM710 looks like a good choice. And they tout a version of the Omron switch rated for 20 Million clicks. 2 Year warranty too. I'm not sure the switches in the G305 are as good. I could be wrong about that, but given you were burned by your last Logitech, I could understand trying something else.

running a G603 + G500S (not made anymore, same shape as MX518 (the legend, which i've had the pleasure of owning 5x of)

both good, but i like the lightness of the g500s + shape.

I've had great experiences with Steelseries mice and I love my Sensei 310.  I had a deathadder for almost 7 years and loved it.  Myonix has some decent mice aswell that I've enjoyed using.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

The G403 Prodigy is underrated imo.  Functionally it's just as good as anything you'd pay $100+ for, while being only $40 (CAD... maybe less in USD).  I believe it has a very similar if not identical shape to what you're coming from as well.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

13 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

The G403 Prodigy is underrated imo.  Functionally it's just as good as anything you'd pay $100+ for, while being only $40 (CAD... maybe less in USD).  I believe it has a very similar if not identical shape to what you're coming from as well.

That's like £72 where I am.

Also ended up ordering the Viper Mini, realising i like lightweight smaller mice after going back to my rival 100, pretty excited.