Cooling rear Nvme drive on H200

MattBoxer

Heyyyya bois, for a while now I've had poor performance on my OS drive and I thought the cause was that I got a DRAM-less drive, but I'm dumb as it has two nanya memory chips. However because I've got 2 M.2 drives you can only use the Nvme drive on the back slot of the mobo because asus :/. Looking at the temp it idles around 66 c and just gets hotter under load which would explain it's throttling itself back to not die (the controller that is). But because of the case, is there any thin heatsinks that are out there? Thanks for any help! 

(Image in spoiler to show the gap between the drive and the mobo tray)

Spoiler

IMG_20200119_160600.thumb.jpg.6fe63a2f3eb0a19d989b9830663c4547.jpg

| Ryzen 7 3700x | 16GB Vengance @ 3200 | MSI GTX 1070Ti Gaming | 

| ADATA XPG SX8000NP 256GB Nvme SSD + WD Blue 500GB SSD | 4TB WD Blue |

| Corsair RM650x |        

| NZXT H200 White |

if you have enough clearance to the back of your case you might be better off picking up a vrm/vmem heatsink - those tiny 20mm or less ones - and sticking it on with some thermal pad. If it's close enough to your mobo tray maybe just stick some thermal pad between the controller and that so you're sinking heat into the chassis?

Daily Driver: Asus ROG Flow X13 - 5900HS/3050 Ti

Primary Desktop: NCase M1 - 5800X3D/RX 6950XT

Travel PC: Fractal Terra - 5800X/RTX 3060 Ti

I have too many computers. List here.

1 hour ago, ShadowChaser said:

if you have enough clearance to the back of your case you might be better off picking up a vrm/vmem heatsink - those tiny 20mm or less ones - and sticking it on with some thermal pad. If it's close enough to your mobo tray maybe just stick some thermal pad between the controller and that so you're sinking heat into the chassis?

I might be able to get a heatsink just for the controller in there, I'll have a look around aliexpress or ebay maybe, also I held a 120mm fan just by the ssd to give it some airflow and the temps came down to 42 C and only reach 50 when benchmarked. The results were also much better than anything I've seen before and just above what adata spec on their site too. Thanks for the suggestions!

Edit: Looking around at some heatsinks, I found a local seller that is selling raspberry pi copper heatsinks and it turns out the soc of the pi is the same size as the ssd controller :D

| Ryzen 7 3700x | 16GB Vengance @ 3200 | MSI GTX 1070Ti Gaming | 

| ADATA XPG SX8000NP 256GB Nvme SSD + WD Blue 500GB SSD | 4TB WD Blue |

| Corsair RM650x |        

| NZXT H200 White |