Input lag when HDR turned on

Rmarrtyr

So I just built a new gaming PC for the first time in about 10 years and everything is up and running and works great except for one thing.

I'm running through an LG 4K TV (43UH668V) and every time I switch on HDR gaming in Windows the mouse pointer starts to lag really badly. It's the same if I turn it off in Windows and on in-game.

There is zero lag with HDR off and I'm able to game in 4K no problem but I just spent all this money and I feel like my rig should be able to handle HDR! 

I've tried replacing the HDMI cable with a high speed one and switching it between all 3 HDMI ports on the TV but this makes no difference. I also updated the TV's firmware and GPU drivers to the latest version. I have a pretty shitty wireless mouse and keyboard (Logitech MK270) could this be the issue? 

Specs:

Ryzen 5 3600 Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super gaming OC 16GB DDR4 3600Mhz MSI B450m Mortar Max

Thanks in advance!

The question is what kind of  HDMI inputs your tv has and what cable you got:
7lIGdS4.png

you are at the limmit of HDMI 2.0 with 4k 60hz Lckfcmn.png

3 hours ago, Andiq said:

The question is what kind of  HDMI inputs your tv has and what cable you got:
7lIGdS4.png

you are at the limmit of HDMI 2.0 with 4k 60hz Lckfcmn.png

Thanks for your response. The HDMI ports are all 2.0a but even scaling down the resolution to 1280x720 and switching on HDR causes mouse lag.

I have an Nvidia Shield TV box plugged in to another HDMI port which displays 4K HDR although I'm unsure of the refresh rate.

Is it just the mouse laaging or are your fps low ?

30 minutes ago, Andiq said:

Is it just the mouse laaging or are your fps low ?

Just ran Doom Eternal, it doesn't seem to affect FPS. 4K/60fps is maintained with HDR on or off (FPS counter switched on).

• 1 year later...

I am having the same problem with my Sony A9S and I know its not the pc because when I plug it into my Sony A80J it runs perfect.

May sound dumb, but make sure your TV is in game mode when switching to HDR. All the TVs i know use different picture modes when HDR content is recognized.

Normally HDR doesn't have a significantly higher input lag over SDR of both modes use the game picture mode.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

• 2 months later...
On 11/3/2021 at 8:37 AM, Stahlmann said:

May sound dumb, but make sure your TV is in game mode when switching to HDR. All the TVs i know use different picture modes when HDR content is recognized.

Normally HDR doesn't have a significantly higher input lag over SDR of both modes use the game picture mode.

You saved me. tnx man