Uninstalled Nvidia Graphics Driver

Fluffegan

So yesterday I hop onto Destiny 2 and I get a notification that the app will not launch because there is something wrong with my graphics. I go to bungie.net and look up the error code "chive". One of the suggestions that the site gives is to reinstall graphics drivers. (Screenshot below) 

I go to bungie.net and one of the tips the site gives is to reinstall your graphics drivers. I google how to reinstall graphics drivers, and I go to this site, which explains how to uninstall it and that windows should automatically reinstall it upon reboot. I uninstall the graphics card and I reboot my computer, but it does not reinstall. I tried using DriverEasy to reinstall the graphics driver but it does nothing. I know you download graphics drivers from the Nvidia site, but I am having trouble navigating it and I do not know which graphics card my computer has. 

If anyone could just send me a link to download the correct graphics driver that would be great. 

My laptop is a Dell G3 3590. 

On a side note, I can't launch the Nvidia Control Panel, but when I opened up the GeForce Experience app it automatically started a download titled "GeForce Game Ready Driver". I am not sure whether this is the graphics driver that I uninstalled. I'll attach a screenshot below. 

Thanks so much for the help I really appreciate it. 

error code chive.png

If you've got GeForce Experience, use that to install the drivers.

It will find the correct ones for your system.

Although I would go onto the dell website and find your laptop there. They have a driver section.

3 hours ago, glenalz81 said:

GeForce experience should detect and install the correct driver. 👍

And after that my Laptop should work as normal?

1 hour ago, Fluffegan said:

And after that my Laptop should work as normal?

Hopefully. Fresh driver install fixes a good amount of driver issues.

1 hour ago, glenalz81 said:

Hopefully. Fresh driver install fixes a good amount of driver issues.

I finished the download from GeForce Experience, but nothing has changed. I still cannot launch the Nvidia Control Panel and I can't see anything new in Device Manager. 

I'm getting a bit worried now. The restart hasn't worked, DriverEasy did nothing, GeForce Experience download didn't do anything... I'm trying to download from the site but I'm having some connection issues. 

Here's the process for uninstalling and reinstalling GeForce drivers on laptops, because it is different than any other method...

1. Run DDU, and uninstall ALL graphics drivers, including the Intel integrated GPU ones. https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

2. Install the drivers specifically made for your system by the laptop manufacturer. (doesn't matter if they're old, this is required for it to work right)

3. Restart again after all of it's installed.

4. Install the latest drivers for your GPU.

5. Restart.

Hopefully this works for you, because you can actually permanently glitch out Windows if you do it just slightly wrong, and it'll require a full Windows reinstall for things to work right.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms