Best program for modeling/character design etc.?

Mario5

So i have been programing for about 6 months now. All of the projects were made for fun but now i want to build a normal game (only for personal use/not going to publish it) I tried a lot of modeling programs but all of them are kinda bad so what do u use?

2 minutes ago, ShadySocks said:

Blender because it's free :P

Thanks! 

I've personally used Cinema 4D, but I'd also suggest trying out Blender as it's free, offers tons of capabilities and there are plenty of tutorials for it online. It's also quite a bit more accessible compared to what it was like years ago.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Blender is by far my favorite. Maya and 3DS Max are the industry standards for game development but you that means you have to pay big bucks for them. Personally I don't think they're worth the money for a small studio. For big studios it makes sense because all of your artists have used maya, 3ds max or both so its easiest to just to get them to use that. Blender I should mention is just as featured and just as powerful as the "professional" solutions.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

They’re all bad unless you know how to use them. 

I like maya the most but cheapest is like $20/month. (Then it jumps to like $100)

second is blender 2.8. Pretty well made.