I NEED HELP

I have a i5 4570 @ 3.4GHZ and a 1650. Is my CPU holding my GPU back? I am considering upgrading to a ryzen 7, which one should I consider upgrading too?

Depends on the game really... Also everything you upgrade to depends on budget.

I play fortnite, and my fps drops from 140-40, is this a bottle neck? Also, my audio cuts out a lot when playing, how could i stop that.

5 minutes ago, ShadySocks said:

Depends on the game really... Also everything you upgrade to depends on budget.

I play fortnite, and my fps drops from 140-40, is this a bottle neck? Also, my audio cuts out a lot when playing, how could i stop that.

You can test if your gpu is bottlenecking your cpu by turning the graphics quality up and seeing if your FPS drops a lot. It it doesn't, your GPU is being bottlenecked.

I recommend monitoring your CPU and GPU temperatures and usage using MSI Afterburner.

12 hours ago, Adozie said:

I have a i5 4570 @ 3.4GHZ and a 1650. Is my CPU holding my GPU back? I am considering upgrading to a ryzen 7, which one should I consider upgrading too?

I dont think upgrading from an core i5 to ryzen 7 would work on the same motherboard, unless you buy a motherboard which supports mounting ryzen CPU's.

If I were in your place Id go for core i5 9400F.

BOLD not ITALIC

11 hours ago, Oliver oni said:

I dont think upgrading from an core i5 to ryzen 7 would work on the same motherboard, unless you buy a motherboard which supports mounting ryzen CPU's.

If I were in your place Id go for core i5 9400F.

I5 9400F also use another socket than the I5 4570 so he would still require another motherboard.  He could try to find an I7 4770 if he wants to keep the same motherboard.  It's probably the cheapest and easiest I7 to find for lga 1150

23 hours ago, Adozie said:

check which of the two is used the most during a gaming session.  The one close to or at 100% utilization is the one holding back.  I have an rx 590 with an I7 4770 and in the games I play it's always the gpu that holds me back. 

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD