I need help sharing speakers with PC and PS4

lansing

I have a PC and a PS4, both are connected to a monitor, PC is connected through DVI port and PS4 through HDMI. The PC is connected to a sub-woofer for sound. Now I want my speakers to also work with my PS4.

My speaker is Logitech Z323, it has a auxiliary input.

My monitor is Asus VH424H, it has an audio input.

Right now my PS4 sound is coming out from the monitor through HDMI. How do I rearrange them so both my PC and PS4 can use my speakers?

1. Hook up the Audio out form your Monitor to your motherboard's 3.5mm Aux input.

2. go to "sound control panel" under "Recording" tab, find the input from your mother board.

3. right click on the device and select "properties"

4. got to the "listen" tab

5. check off listen to this device, and make sure the drop down box below is set to "default playback device"

Note this is a very very ghetto setup, as in what you need is a mini receiver, something like Teac AI101-DA, or Topping MX3. but in your case you're just running cheap Logitech speakers so there is no need to an expensive setup.

Do note that with this method you will sometimes run into audio issues, or static with the PS4 is turned off. if you so all you have to do it go into Windows sound mixer and turn down channel that represent the input.

Just now, miyuki86 said:

1. Hook up the Audio out form your Monitor to your motherboard's 3.5mm Aux input.

2. go to "sound control panel" under "Recording" tab, find the input from your mother board.

3. right click on the device and select "properties"

4. got to the "listen" tab

5. check off listen to this device, and make sure the drop down box below is set to "default playback device"

His monitor has no audio output, and even if it does, this method means his PC has to be on just for the audio to work.

I would say an audio splitter would do the job just fine.

7 minutes ago, vogelspinnen said:

His monitor has no audio output, and even if it does, this method means his PC has to be on just for the audio to work.

I would say an audio splitter would do the job just fine.

Looked up his monitor on google, and got the below I/O

image.png.e5cd341e3d2f1ac5db1e955d16626da7.png

The green is for headphones which in this case can be used as a ghetto output
image.png.6cf76fed8c6d595856cedd6b99f32cfb.png

is a snippet from the specs.

As to if the monitor have audio pass through or not according to the spec it does.

If in fact the monitor does not have audio out or it's not functioning, you can always run a 3.5mm Aux from PS4 to the 3.5mm Aux input on the mother board and do the same thing.

Edit as for Audio Slitter i don't like this method mainly due to feed back but yeah it would work, but i wouldn't do it long term. Due to back feeding input into the output channel.

21 hours ago, vogelspinnen said:

https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Splitter-Extension-Earphone-Compatible/dp/B00LM0ZGK6

https://www.amazon.com/STEREO-Manual-Speaker-selector-available/dp/B073GWCRP3

Either of these will work fine. If you do not usually have both devices powered on at the same time, just the cable would do the trick.

these spliter are mainly for splitting one output into 2 output.

When use in the above setup you are using 2 input into 1 output. so here is what happens

If both device is on the internal voltage at each device would prevent back feeding of signal from one source to another.

But one is turned off, when the audio signal reach the spliter a portion of the current will go towards the off deice, which depending on if the off device have passive mitigation for the feed back. And in some cases if the volume gets cranked up too much, the back fed current could cause damage to the circuitry of the device that is turned off.

So yes your method will work, but not recommended

20 minutes ago, miyuki86 said:

Looked up his monitor on google, and got the below I/O

image.png.e5cd341e3d2f1ac5db1e955d16626da7.png

The green is for headphones which in this case can be used as a ghetto output
image.png.6cf76fed8c6d595856cedd6b99f32cfb.png

is a snippet from the specs.

As to if the monitor have audio pass through or not according to the spec it does.

If in fact the monitor does not have audio out or it's not functioning, you can always run a 3.5mm Aux from PS4 to the 3.5mm Aux input on the mother board and do the same thing.

Edit as for Audio Slitter i don't like this method mainly due to feed back but yeah it would work, but i wouldn't do it long term. Due to back feeding input into the output channel.

I got confused with the label, while that green port looks like an headphone jack, but the label is saying that it's audio-in...

I don't want the PS4 sound to go through my computer because it sure will have static and delay. What are those red and white plug on my subwoofer? Can I connect my PS4 or monitor straight there?

IMG_0202.jpeg

20 hours ago, lansing said:

I got confused with the label, while that green port looks like an headphone jack, but the label is saying that it's audio-in...

I don't want the PS4 sound to go through my computer because it sure will have static and delay. What are those red and white plug on my subwoofer? Can I connect my PS4 or monitor straight there?

IMG_0202.jpeg

Black one is audio in, green is head phones, which is audio out.
SPDIF is Optical Audio out meant for receiver like Topping MX3, TEAC AI101-DA, or a home audio recover.

If you don't want the audio to go through your computer, than you have the choice of getting one of the above receivers and let them do the switching or the below Switch which will do the same thing essentially.

https://www.amazon.com/Selector-Sharing-headphone-earphone-selector/dp/B079Y46M3N/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=audio+switch&qid=1586477359&sr=8-4