Dumb power supply question

Joshlikescola

Hi all!

I wish to run a sort of window ventilation system just to force some cool evening air into my room over summer, I've looked around for suitable units and they don't seem to exist in the UK market...

Anyway, essentially my plan involves running PC fans externally to a computer...

Are there any power supplies that just give you some 3-pin outs you can connect some computer fans to?

If not, I'll give up and tie some USB fans together instead.

Thanks for the help, please don't eat me聽馃檭

I don't they exist. You could just buy some Molex to 3 pin adaptors or/and sata to 3 pin adaptors that you can connect to any computer PSU, but it might just be easier to buy a bunch of USB fans and one or more USB hubs.

image.png.bfbd52c14b2e6a9c19afafe11b666943.pngimage.thumb.png.8b9a88084201dd1275470df714d03e99.png

HTB1Npf5aUuF3KVjSZK9q6zVtXXaG.jpgjust look up 3pin power hub, they have ones that run off of a regular barrel jack power supplies, molex power, sata, etc...

4 minutes ago, TylerDurden! said:

HTB1Npf5aUuF3KVjSZK9q6zVtXXaG.jpgjust look up 3pin power hub, they have ones that run off of a regular barrel jack power supplies, molex power, sata, etc...

Oh sick, yeah I'll grab one of these and get a DC power supply! Looks like a 5V DC input on the side there? I'll check the specs listed on wherever I find one from.

Just strip the fan cables and attach them to an AC/DC power brick.

Or if you don't want to remove the fan connector you can buy the male end of the connectors and wire that to the power brick and be able to plug and unplug your fans.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven聽 聽minimalist white and black PC聽 聽 聽Old S340 build log "White Heaven"聽 聽 聽 聽聽The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log聽 聽 聽 聽 Project AntiRoll (prototype)聽 聽 聽 聽 Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X聽|聽AMD Vega Frontier Edition聽|聽ASUS X570 Pro WS聽|聽Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB聽|聽NZXT H500聽|聽Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700聽|聽Custom loop聽|聽Coolermaster SK630 White聽|聽Logitech MX Master 2S聽|Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB聽|Samsung 58" 4k TV|Scarlett 2i4|2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, Joshlikescola said:

Looks like a 5V DC

they have ones too that just have fan connector pigtails already connected to a power supply, but then you do not get to control the fan speed