Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joshlikescola

Dumb power supply question

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi all!

I wish to run a sort of window ventilation system just to force some cool evening air into my room over summer, I've looked around for suitable units and they don't seem to exist in the UK market...

Anyway, essentially my plan involves running PC fans externally to a computer...

Are there any power supplies that just give you some 3-pin outs you can connect some computer fans to?

If not, I'll give up and tie some USB fans together instead.

Thanks for the help, please don't eat me 🙃

I don't they exist. You could just buy some Molex to 3 pin adaptors or/and sata to 3 pin adaptors that you can connect to any computer PSU, but it might just be easier to buy a bunch of USB fans and one or more USB hubs.

image.png.bfbd52c14b2e6a9c19afafe11b666943.pngimage.thumb.png.8b9a88084201dd1275470df714d03e99.png

Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, TylerDurden! said:

HTB1Npf5aUuF3KVjSZK9q6zVtXXaG.jpgjust look up 3pin power hub, they have ones that run off of a regular barrel jack power supplies, molex power, sata, etc...

Oh sick, yeah I'll grab one of these and get a DC power supply! Looks like a 5V DC input on the side there? I'll check the specs listed on wherever I find one from.

Just strip the fan cables and attach them to an AC/DC power brick.

Or if you don't want to remove the fan connector you can buy the male end of the connectors and wire that to the power brick and be able to plug and unplug your fans.

My sound system costs more than my PC.        Check out my S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Intel i7 4790k | AMD Vega 64 | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB | NZXT S340 | Seasonic Platinum 760 | modded H100i | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | WD Red 4TB Samsung 58" 4k TV | 2x Behringer NEKKST K8 | BIC Acoustech H-100II | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, Joshlikescola said:

Looks like a 5V DC

they have ones too that just have fan connector pigtails already connected to a power supply, but then you do not get to control the fan speed