Need help with Phanteks P300 Side+ screws

fortemp

I cant seem to take off the metal side panel on the Phanteks P300. I've tried pulling it (after unscrewing the 2 screws there are) but it still wont come off.. not sure what to do?

Also have another question, what is the screws that is in the case? (to secure my motherboard) I dont seem to have that kind off screwdriver so I think I will need to borrow one from a neighbour, but I dont know what that kind screwdriver is called.

2 minutes ago, fortemp said:

I cant seem to take off the metal side panel on the Phanteks P300. I've tried pulling it (after unscrewing the 2 screws there are) but it still wont come off.. not sure what to do?

Unscrew the panel and slide it towards the back of the PC tower

image.png.0f36134d8e2a5473a046002854c94bb9.png

3 minutes ago, fortemp said:

Also have another question, what is the screws that is in the case? (to secure my motherboard) I dont seem to have that kind off screwdriver so I think I will need to borrow one from a neighbour, but I dont know what that kind screwdriver is called.

Phillips head/crosshead screwdriver.

If I'm being truly honest, that should be available in any household; so I would recommend you get a normal screwdrivers (as this is the most common one) soon.

But it's easiest to just grab a screw, walk to your neighbour and kindly ask if you can get something that will fit the screw (optionally try if the screwdriver fits too).

P.S. such a screwdriver will also be needed for the installation of most other parts (like your videocard, cooler, etc.)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, minibois said:

Unscrew the panel and slide it towards the back of the PC tower

image.png.0f36134d8e2a5473a046002854c94bb9.png

Phillips head/crosshead screwdriver.

If I'm being truly honest, that should be available in any household; so I would recommend you get a normal screwdrivers (as this is the most common one) soon.

But it's easiest to just grab a screw, walk to your neighbour and kindly ask if you can get something that will fit the screw (optionally try if the screwdriver fits too).

P.S. such a screwdriver will also be needed for the installation of most other parts (like your videocard, cooler, etc.)

I have already tried this for 1-2 hours sadly, with no luck...

Also for the screws part, I meant inside the case. Its a weird screw, not the phillips one (have mulitple of these). The screw is small and round

2 minutes ago, fortemp said:

I have already tried this for 1-2 hours sadly, with no luck...

Well that's definitely how you remove your sidepanel ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Remove the two screws at the back and slide it backwards, sometimes requires just a bit of force.

3 minutes ago, fortemp said:

Also for the screws part, I meant inside the case. Its a weird screw, not the phillips one (have mulitple of these). The screw is small and round

Do you mean the standoffs for your motherboard?

image.png.fcc8cb04f4ec12cd4af8609753b1653d.png

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, minibois said:

Well that's definitely how you remove your sidepanel ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Remove the two screws at the back and slide it backwards, sometimes requires just a bit of force.

Do you mean the standoffs for your motherboard?

image.png.fcc8cb04f4ec12cd4af8609753b1653d.png

I used all my power and im pretty swole xD i contacted support so hopefully I will get a new case anyways (if I dont find a fix that is)

And yes, thats exactly the one im talking about, what are those screws called?

1 minute ago, fortemp said:

And yes, thats exactly the one im talking about, what are those screws called?

That is called a 'standoff', to be specific it's a #6-32 UNC standoff (#6-32 UNC is the screw, this is the standoff for it).

You place your motherboard over top these standoffs and then screw in the motherboard screw (included with your case) into these standoffs.

If you want to unscrew these/screw these down further (because usually they are already installed into the case) you need a hex driver (hex because it has six sides) of the correct size. Alternatively you could use plyers to screw/unscrew these.

To be clear though, you don't need to touch these standoffs if they are already installed in the case.

The case has standoffs, you place your motherboard on top of these standoffs and then screw in the motherboard into the case (with the standoffs between the case and motherboard).

4 minutes ago, fortemp said:

I used all my power and im pretty swole xD i contacted support so hopefully I will get a new case anyways (if I dont find a fix that is)

To be honest, I have never come across a situation where the case side panel wouldn't be removed. Sometimes it's stuck a bit, but never once was it 'unremovable'.

If you are very sure there are no screws in the back anymore and it still won't budge, you might need to contact Phanteks support

2 hours ago, minibois said:

That is called a 'standoff', to be specific it's a #6-32 UNC standoff (#6-32 UNC is the screw, this is the standoff for it).

You place your motherboard over top these standoffs and then screw in the motherboard screw (included with your case) into these standoffs.

If you want to unscrew these/screw these down further (because usually they are already installed into the case) you need a hex driver (hex because it has six sides) of the correct size. Alternatively you could use plyers to screw/unscrew these.

To be clear though, you don't need to touch these standoffs if they are already installed in the case.

The case has standoffs, you place your motherboard on top of these standoffs and then screw in the motherboard into the case (with the standoffs between the case and motherboard).

To be honest, I have never come across a situation where the case side panel wouldn't be removed. Sometimes it's stuck a bit, but never once was it 'unremovable'.

If you are very sure there are no screws in the back anymore and it still won't budge, you might need to contact Phanteks support

Oh okay I didnt know that! Thanks for the info

And also, I will probably contact support now that you say it (contacted the place where I bought it, it might take some time)

But thank you for all the help, I really do appreciate it! Have a great rest of your day :)