Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rrrank1

Memory showing 16Gb but only using 8Gb?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So i have two G.Skill Trident Z's in my MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC with a ryzen 5 2600. Bios shows 2 8Gb sticks of ram installed but only uses 8Gb for some reason? also ram speed wont go over 1067Mhz? When i first built my pc everything was fine and XMP got my all of my 16Gb ram to 3200Mhz. Is this a software issue? (there is a picture from my task manager but it is in Finnish.. sorry)

image.png.2f95c20a00e3f94cd1850b9843b605b0.png 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rrrank1 said:

So i have two G.Skill Trident Z's in my MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC with a ryzen 5 2600. Bios shows 2 8Gb sticks of ram installed but only uses 8Gb for some reason? also ram speed wont go over 1067Mhz? When i first built my pc everything was fine and XMP got my all of my 16Gb ram to 3200Mhz. Is this a software issue? (there is a picture from my task manager but it is in Finnish.. sorry)

image.png.2f95c20a00e3f94cd1850b9843b605b0.png 

For some reason, your PC is using 8GBs of your RAM for Hardware (hardware reserved section in the task manager.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, blackviking03 said:

For some reason, your PC is using 8GBs of your RAM for Hardware (hardware reserved section in the task manager.)

Try Aida64 and look at the CPUID.  Task Manager is nice thing but it gives false info, like cpu usage etc.  Or you can try CPU-Z and let us know.


Intel 10980XE / Gigabyte Aorus Master x299x / Gigabyte WF RTX 2080 / Corsair Dominator RGB 64GB @ 3200Mhz / Corsair AX1600i / Corsair H115i Pro RGB / Corsair Carbide 330r Blackout Edition / AOC 40" 4k Curved Monitor / LG 55" C9 OLED 120hz / Logitech G Pro Wireless & G915 Wireless Linear & G935 Wireless / Scarlett 2i2 USB KRK Rokits 10-3-1 Gen4 Sennheiser HD 650 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk By BandLab / Corsair MP510 960GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / M4 500GB / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
39 minutes ago, TurtleRig said:

Try Aida64 and look at the CPUID.  Task Manager is nice thing but it gives false info, like cpu usage etc.  Or you can try CPU-Z and let us know.

image.png.f04f67cdbfceb7c32aec6bd54c5b5ac2.png

 

this is my cpu-z, it does show 16gb as well.

 

40 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

ram in slots 2 and 4? try going into bios and re-enabling xmp

yeah in a2 and b2, i have tried everything i can do in bios, trying different bios profiles, manually setting timings and such, nothing

 

42 minutes ago, blackviking03 said:

What processor do you have in your PC?

Ryzen 5 2600

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rrrank1 said:

image.png.f04f67cdbfceb7c32aec6bd54c5b5ac2.png

 

this is my cpu-z, it does show 16gb as well.

 

yeah in a2 and b2, i have tried everything i can do in bios, trying different bios profiles, manually setting timings and such, nothing

 

Ryzen 5 2600

Sweet man.  Uncle Billy blows goat man.  The task man is cool but of course this is typical MS for you.  Your set, F taskman for clock speed and wrong memory readings.


Intel 10980XE / Gigabyte Aorus Master x299x / Gigabyte WF RTX 2080 / Corsair Dominator RGB 64GB @ 3200Mhz / Corsair AX1600i / Corsair H115i Pro RGB / Corsair Carbide 330r Blackout Edition / AOC 40" 4k Curved Monitor / LG 55" C9 OLED 120hz / Logitech G Pro Wireless & G915 Wireless Linear & G935 Wireless / Scarlett 2i2 USB KRK Rokits 10-3-1 Gen4 Sennheiser HD 650 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk By BandLab / Corsair MP510 960GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / M4 500GB / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×