Dual channel help

I’m building my first computer ever. I bought an Asrock B450M Pro 4 and 2x8 ddr4 at 3200 speed. I know my board supports dual channel but I’m not sure which slots to put the sticks into. They are labels A1, A2, B1, B2. Do they go in A1 and B1 or would they be put in A2 and B2. Does it matter? I’ve read all over the manual and can’t seem to find anything mentioning it. Just a chart that might be it, but honestly I don’t understand it. Thanks. 

ive included some pictures from the manual if it helps. I’m running a Ryzen 5 2600

B89F9058-E335-4C1A-B09F-6420900EAB2D.png

6F6401ED-DADA-4E74-84FE-5605EF5500DD.png

4E8BD2A2-2227-4D93-B2C9-AAB804F1C8D8.png

329FFBA2-41FC-4785-83B3-F2EA668AF0BA.jpeg

You typically install them in a A2 B2 configuration.

To help you understand it better, I've highlighted what you're interested in.

download.png

4 minutes ago, Odyss said:

You typically install them in a A2 B2 configuration.

Normally it's A1 B1. But a lot of boards don't care about which pair you do anymore nowadays.

8 minutes ago, shaneh890 said:

I’m building my first computer ever. I bought an Asrock B450M Pro 4 and 2x8 ddr4 at 3200 speed. I know my board supports dual channel but I’m not sure which slots to put the sticks into. They are labels A1, A2, B1, B2. Do they go in A1 and B1 or would they be put in A2 and B2. Does it matter? I’ve read all over the manual and can’t seem to find anything mentioning it. Just a chart that might be it, but honestly I don’t understand it. Thanks. 

You'll want to use slots 2 and 4 (count from the left side/CPU socket side).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Normally it's A1 B1. But a lot of boards don't care about which pair you do anymore nowadays.

As far as I know and remember, older boards suggested A1 B1 but the newer ones suggest A2 B2. Either way, the best way to know is to consult the manual, let's just agree on that. :P

3 hours ago, Odyss said:

As far as I know and remember, older boards suggested A1 B1 but the newer ones suggest A2 B2. Either way, the best way to know is to consult the manual, let's just agree on that. :P

That is true.

3 hours ago, jaslion said:

That is true.

Well if I can’t find anything/ don’t understand the manual is there a way to see if I am running in dual channel?

ayup. Download the small freeware program CPU-Z, hit the memory tab. See in the top right where it says dual? You want that.

cpuz_qTXgfbZ41S.png