What do you think about this ASUS Zenbook 14 UM431DA-AM001T

Hi everyone.

I would like to ask for your honest opinion about the ASUS Zenbook 14 UM431DA-AM001T, it looks like it has a Ryzen cpu with an integrated GPU, 8GB of RAM DDR4, this laptop is not intended for gaming, just for casual everyday (document writing, movie watching) work with some 30+ google chrome tabs opened.

Not more not less.

I don't really want to spend a lot of money for this laptop as it is going for my wife. I am just a little bit curious about the amount of memory.

Thanks for your help.

14 minutes ago, cserba said:

Hi everyone.

I would like to ask for your honest opinion about the ASUS Zenbook 14 UM431DA-AM001T, it looks like it has a Ryzen cpu with an integrated GPU, 8GB of RAM DDR4, this laptop is not intended for gaming, just for casual everyday (document writing, movie watching) work with some 30+ google chrome tabs opened.

Not more not less.

I don't really want to spend a lot of money for this laptop as it is going for my wife. I am just a little bit curious about the amount of memory.

Thanks for your help.

8gb is tight for gaming, and apus will eat into that allotment because they have no memory of their own and use system memory, but for casual uses you describe it should be more than enough.  

Also don’t show your post to your wife.  If I read my partner writing “I don’t want to spend much money because it’s for them” I would be a tinge pissed off.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

8gb is tight for gaming, and apus will eat into that allotment because they have no memory of their own and use system memory, but for casual uses you describe it should be more than enough.  

Also don’t show your post to your wife.  If I read my partner writing “I don’t want to spend much money because it’s for them” I would be a tinge pissed off.

Thank for the reply. Imho the laptop is great, sadly memory is not upgradable :(

7 hours ago, cserba said:

Hi everyone.

Not more not less.

Thanks for your help.

Bit weirded out by the numbed trackpad but seems fine. Will always should MacBook from the rafters for this usage though.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?