Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi guys, I've recently built my first PC using the Antec DP501 white case and the ROG strix b450-f gaming motherboard. The build works perfectly and I'm so happy with it considering its my first time building a pc. But I have one problem, the case has rgb on it but the connector it comes with only has 3 pins, whereas the motherboard only has rgb headers with 4 pins. If anyone can help me or point me in the new direction as I'm a huge noob I'd greatly appreciate it! :D thanks in advance. 

23 minutes ago, Penguinman56 said:

Hi guys, I've recently built my first PC using the Antec DP501 white case and the ROG strix b450-f gaming motherboard. The build works perfectly and I'm so happy with it considering its my first time building a pc. But I have one problem, the case has rgb on it but the connector it comes with only has 3 pins, whereas the motherboard only has rgb headers with 4 pins. If anyone can help me or point me in the new direction as I'm a huge noob I'd greatly appreciate it! :D thanks in advance. 

Heh.  Proprietary pin horror is standard with RGB.  What I find most irritating about the whole thing myself is it’s basically just a scam by the manufacturers to create fake proprietary systems to force you to buy their products.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

59 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Heh.  Proprietary pin horror is standard with RGB.  What I find most irritating about the whole thing myself is it’s basically just a scam by the manufacturers to create fake proprietary systems to force you to buy their products.

The three pin RGB on this case is a standard pin. There's jsut one thing missing from OP's description....

1 hour ago, Penguinman56 said:

If anyone can help me or point me in the new direction as I'm a huge noob I'd greatly appreciate it! :D thanks in advance. 

It's actually an ARGB (addressible RGB, which uses only 3 pins) which is different from regular RGB (4 pins on your motherboard). 

image.thumb.png.7847a2e8dcd4145adb0c6157903cb0fd.png

They cannot be interchanged. You need to use either a motherboard that has an ARGB header, or use a separate controller to control the ARGB. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- RGB Build Post 2019 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25