Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WaggishOhio383

Best Way to Clean a Glass Side Panel?

5 hours ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

However, that seems to have left behind residue from the cleaner drying. What's the best way to clean off the panel where it won't leave behind any smudges or residue?

Step 1: apply Glass cleaner.

Step 2: Wipe glass clean into glass with (preferably microfiber) towel)

You did both those steps, so what went wrong?

Step 3: Rewipe glass with a clean (preferably microfiber) towel a second time. This is to ensure you remove the leftover film that doesn't fully evaporate with the glass cleaner. 

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm trying to figure out the best method to clean the glass side panel on my PC case. It had built up some dust on it, so I took it off and wiped the dust off with a rag. However, I noticed when I put the panel back on that there were some smudges left behind on the inside. I took the panel back off and cleaned both sides with glass cleaner. However, that seems to have left behind residue from the cleaner drying. What's the best way to clean off the panel where it won't leave behind any smudges or residue?

Posted · Best Answer
5 hours ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

However, that seems to have left behind residue from the cleaner drying. What's the best way to clean off the panel where it won't leave behind any smudges or residue?

Step 2: Wipe glass clean into glass with (preferably microfiber) towel)

Step 3: Rewipe glass with a clean (preferably microfiber) towel a second time. This is to ensure you remove the leftover film that doesn't fully evaporate with the glass cleaner. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- RGB Build Post 2019 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Step 2: Wipe glass clean into glass with (preferably) microfiber towel)

Step 3: Rewipe glass with a clean (preferably) microfiber towel a second time. This is to ensure you remove the leftover film that doesn't fully evaporate with the glass cleaner. 

Thanks for the advice! I'll certainly try that as soon as I get the chance.