Best Way to Clean a Glass Side Panel?

Go to solution Solved by TVwazhere,
5 hours ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

However, that seems to have left behind residue from the cleaner drying. What's the best way to clean off the panel where it won't leave behind any smudges or residue?

Step 1: apply Glass cleaner.

Step 2: Wipe glass clean into glass with (preferably microfiber) towel)

You did both those steps, so what went wrong?

Step 3: Rewipe glass with a clean (preferably microfiber) towel a second time. This is to ensure you remove the leftover film that doesn't fully evaporate with the glass cleaner. 

I'm trying to figure out the best method to clean the glass side panel on my PC case. It had built up some dust on it, so I took it off and wiped the dust off with a rag. However, I noticed when I put the panel back on that there were some smudges left behind on the inside. I took the panel back off and cleaned both sides with glass cleaner. However, that seems to have left behind residue from the cleaner drying. What's the best way to clean off the panel where it won't leave behind any smudges or residue?

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

5 hours ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

However, that seems to have left behind residue from the cleaner drying. What's the best way to clean off the panel where it won't leave behind any smudges or residue?

Step 2: Wipe glass clean into glass with (preferably microfiber) towel)

Step 3: Rewipe glass with a clean (preferably microfiber) towel a second time. This is to ensure you remove the leftover film that doesn't fully evaporate with the glass cleaner. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Step 2: Wipe glass clean into glass with (preferably) microfiber towel)

Step 3: Rewipe glass with a clean (preferably) microfiber towel a second time. This is to ensure you remove the leftover film that doesn't fully evaporate with the glass cleaner. 

Thanks for the advice! I'll certainly try that as soon as I get the chance.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x