Pure base 500 airflow and noise

Algebruh

How is the airflow of pure base 500? The front panel looks quite restrictive.

Are three A12x25 in the front and one A14 at the rear good enough to overcome the impedance of the front panel?

I used to own Meshify C, but it is too loud for me. The noise mostly comes from CPU cooler (NH-D15) not case fans, thus, I am considering buying a silence-focused case.

I had watched GN's "Airflow vs. Silent Case: Noise-Normalized Thermals", but he used different case fans for different cases. I am not sure if his conclusion applies to my case or not. 

Intel I7-10700KF stock - Noctua NH-D15 - A15+A12x25 

Micron Ballistix Sport LT 4133MHz CL17-21-21-40 @1.45v

GIGABYTE AORUS 3090 Xtreme 1905MHz@0.919v/2010MHz@1.063v +900/750 memory clock

Seasonic PX-1000

Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh 

7 hours ago, ThiccSmough said:

I used to own Meshify C, but it is too loud for me. The noise mostly comes from CPU cooler (NH-D15) not case fans, thus, I am considering buying a silence-focused case.

So then why not the Define C TG?

Spoiler

meshify only torture cpu

gpu only 2x meshify

meshify noise

(all fans were stock unless otherwise noted)

7 hours ago, ThiccSmough said:

I had watched GN's "Airflow vs. Silent Case: Noise-Normalized Thermals", but he used different case fans for different cases. I am not sure if his conclusion applies to my case or not. 

It technically does, and it doesnt, depending on if you're okay with lowering fan speeds to get better noise levels. Because he didnt use the cases you were looking at, the fans you want, and the EXACT configuration your build is in, it will never be a true direct comparison. But it's enough to make a theory on. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

16 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

So then why not the Define C TG?

It technically does, and it doesnt, depending on if you're okay with lowering fan speeds to get better noise levels. Because he didnt use the cases you were looking at, the fans you want, and the EXACT configuration your build is in, it will never be a true direct comparison. But it's enough to make a theory on. 

My GPU is MSI 2070 super trio which is too long to fit in that case when 3 120mm fans are installed in the front.

I will try lowering the CPU fan speed and see how it goes.

Intel I7-10700KF stock - Noctua NH-D15 - A15+A12x25 

Micron Ballistix Sport LT 4133MHz CL17-21-21-40 @1.45v

GIGABYTE AORUS 3090 Xtreme 1905MHz@0.919v/2010MHz@1.063v +900/750 memory clock

Seasonic PX-1000

Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh