Still Won’t Boot

ForeverAutumn

Hey nerds,

So, I just "finished" my first PC build again. I had this problem before but got word I probably had a bad/mediocre psu so I bought a new one. I've linked all the new parts I used below. Yet I’m still having the same issue.

At first, I turned on my power supply and pressed the power button on my PC and all the fans worked, the RGB came on, all was well with the world, and then it just shut off. Didn't even make it to post. 

When I try to turn it back on, the top EZ Dedug LED flashes once (red) , followed by the flash of the other three lights (also red). The tiny motherboard fan at the bottom also begins to spins but stops almost immediately. It all happens very quickly, but I've attached a video of it anyway. Even though it started it up with no problems the first time, I can even get it to turn on now. 

Any ideas on what might be wrong and how I can fix it? 

Thanks guys, all advice welcome. 

Cheers. 

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor $0.00
CPU Cooler AMD Wraith Max 55.78 CFM CPU Cooler $0.00
Motherboard MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard $0.00
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2933 Memory $83.99 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $0.00
Storage Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $0.00
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB Video Card $0.00
Case NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case $0.00
Power Supply

EVGA - 600W ATX 12V/EPS 12V 80 Plus Power Supply - Black

Corsair VS 450 W 80+ Certi
$0.00
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $83.99

Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-03-30 01:45 EDT-0400

5 minutes ago, ForeverAutumn said:

Cheers

You certain the mobo supports the CPU, was the BIOS up to date before you put it on (assuming it's actually supported that is)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

You certain the mobo supports the CPU, was the BIOS up to date before you put it on (assuming it's actually supported that is)

X570 boards are compatible with 3rd gen Ryzen out of the box. That shouldn't be a Mobo issue

17 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

I'm sure they are compatible. As for the BIOS version, I'm not sure it's up to date. How can I check without being able to turn on the computer? 

31 minutes ago, ForeverAutumn said:

How can I check without being able to turn on the computer? 

Well, you can't. That's one of the issues. What you *could* do, is find the mobo maker support page, find the lowest BIOS version, assume that is the BIOS on your board, and find which CPU is supported by said BIOS version, then beg/borrow/buy/steal said CPU, put it in to the mobo, and see what happens.

I would suspect a local computer shop would have a chip you could borrow for 5 minutes to test with. At the shop I worked, we did this all the time.

But if you are certain the BIOS is up to date and should work with your CPU out of the box, then we need to look elsewhere as a cause of your issues.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.