Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
itsRyansKi

2nd Monitor not detected

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited) · Original PosterOP

Hello,

 

So I have 2 monitors, BenQ and a Crossover. The Crossover I have a problem with, If i use it as my main display windows 10 will logon, showing from boot until its logged in then it will stop working.

 

It is detected in Device Manager, nvidia settings and display settings. It's not ticked in the nvidia settings but I can't enable it and in the display settings it says Display 2 isn't active.

 

Thanks

Edited by itsRyansKi
Updated information
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

If this is what you get:

image.png.8d37acff643e63ab80ed0cdb945bb2d9.png

 

Try to go back into the display settings and check what the multiple display setup is.

Make sure it says Extend these displays:

image.png.daeca17b11bae0e472caa943a383c692.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Thank you for taking the time to reply, yes I have tried this and many other things.

 

Update - Just performed a DDU.

 

While completing a DDU in safe mode the computer would boot up and use it as a primary monitor without nvidia drivers. Though the resolution was capped at 800x600 and weren't able to change anywhere due to it being greyed out.

 

Once nvidia drivers were installed the screen would go into standby and the other monitor would activated. I tried this again without my other monitor plugged in, exact same thing the monitor went into standby without my other monitor plugged in.

 

So is this related to an nvidia problem or me? The resolution cap has maybe make me think it is me, as I am using a HDMI to DVI converter though my other monitor is using DP connector.

 

Cheers,

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Just found in Device Manager that in the event log the following;

 

Device DISPLAY\BNQ7F58\5&2fa9917f&4&UID155909 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

 

This is going for both of my displays, any solution?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

So just to clarify, what ports do you have available on the GPU and on the 2 monitors?

if you are using HDMI to DVI, and a DP, can you use a different cable setup at all?

 

Another couple of things.

Are you using GeForce Expirience to get the drivers?

After the DDU, if you boot back into Windows(Not in safe mode, safe mode limits display output itself), do the 2 monitors work ok with the Native windows drivers(before you install NVIDIA's, the monitors should still work fine) ?

Are there any Windows updates waiting to be installed?

 

Is your Windows activated? Microsoft does restrict dual monitor use on inactivated Windows.

It will only work in mirrored mode if that is the case, or at lease that is how it used to be, maybe they've changed it.

 

Also, when did this start happening?

Is this a new build, has it worked before?

Did you change any of the cables or the monitors recently?

Has there been a windows update recently?

 

Open Reliability History and have a look if there is anything major there.

It is not as detailed as Event Viewer, but it gives a better perspective on the bigger picture.

 

I know there are a few questions here, but please try to answer all of them if you can.

Let me know if I need to clarify anything.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 4/8/2020 at 11:03 PM, Darakion said:

So just to clarify, what ports do you have available on the GPU and on the 2 monitors?

if you are using HDMI to DVI, and a DP, can you use a different cable setup at all?

2x DP 1x HDMI and mini-hdmi (Not sure about last)

BenQ Monitor DP to DP

Crossover 27Q HDMI to DVI (This is the problem monitor)

On 4/8/2020 at 11:03 PM, Darakion said:

Another couple of things.

Are you using GeForce Expirience to get the drivers?

After the DDU, if you boot back into Windows(Not in safe mode, safe mode limits display output itself), do the 2 monitors work ok with the Native windows drivers(before you install NVIDIA's, the monitors should still work fine) ?

Are there any Windows updates waiting to be installed?

I have been but I've always tried straight from there website as well. I'm aware safe mode limits it self but the Crossover monitor doesn't work. Not even when it is just plugged in by itself when windows is loaded. Windows is completely up to date.

 

On 4/8/2020 at 11:03 PM, Darakion said:

 

Is your Windows activated? Microsoft does restrict dual monitor use on inactivated Windows.

It will only work in mirrored mode if that is the case, or at lease that is how it used to be, maybe they've changed it.

No it isn't, I do have a key but it doesn't work. Though it's worth noting the monitor doesn't even work when it is plugged in by itself.

 

On 4/8/2020 at 11:03 PM, Darakion said:

Also, when did this start happening?

Is this a new build, has it worked before?

Did you change any of the cables or the monitors recently?

Has there been a windows update recently?

It was a good while ago because I tried fixing it but I just left as I just another monitor but then I sold then one. It is a new build but the monitor worked on my old computer and this one for a little while before I unplugged it. I've updated my bios and had a look around, spent over 10 hours online trying to find a solution. In the past I did use a DVI to DVI but as this computer doesn't have a DVI output from the GPU i've swapped it. I have ordered a DP to DVI to see if that is the issue as well.

 

On 4/8/2020 at 11:03 PM, Darakion said:

Open Reliability History and have a look if there is anything major there.

It is not as detailed as Event Viewer, but it gives a better perspective on the bigger picture.

Nothing in there but I have just formatted my whole pc to see if that would resolve.

 

So update from me, the monitor doesn't working with nvidia installed nor generic pnp drivers(The monitor only works in safe mode or before the drivers have been loaded). It will work with Microsoft Basic Display driver (This is the one it uses in Safe Mode). I believe it might be something to do with the EDID though I have had a look and everything seems to be there (First time so can paste the info across if needed). I think the issue might be to with an generic update somewhere and it doesn't like registering the device as applicable in windows this is why it cant be used.

 

Any ideas?

Cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×