Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yoink

need help planning

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi, I am planning on building a PC for game development, 3D modeling, and programming. 

 

Here is my list so far :

 

I need the build to have Wifi and needs to be around $770. I live in the US, if that helps.

 

What do you guys think? Thanks for checking out my post!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The motherboard is way overkill for the CPU you have. You could save an easy $100 and get a MSI B450 Tomahawk instead. Then you could also use the extra money to get a larger SSD if you wanted. Otherwise everything looks good.


I'm a casual tech enthusiast just trying to help other people out. Most of the time I speak from my own past experience with similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll do my best to help in any situation I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

 

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

The motherboard is way overkill for the CPU you have. You could save an easy $100 and get a MSI B450 Tomahawk instead. Then you could also use the extra money to get a larger SSD if you wanted. Otherwise everything looks good.

Thanks for responding! The MSI B450 Tomahawk does not have Wifi, and I need it to have Wifi because my parents do not have wired internet in the house.

 

Is there anything else I could do to improve this plan?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ascending peasant said:

Thanks for responding! The MSI B450 Tomahawk does not have Wifi, and I need it to have Wifi because my parents do not have wired internet in the house.

 

Is there anything else I could do to improve this plan?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ascending peasant said:

Thanks for responding! The MSI B450 Tomahawk does not have Wifi, and I need it to have Wifi because my parents do not have wired internet in the house.

 

Is there anything else I could do to improve this plan?

Buy a USB WiFi or internal WiFi adapter. They're only $25-35, so you'd still be saving at least $50.


I'm a casual tech enthusiast just trying to help other people out. Most of the time I speak from my own past experience with similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll do my best to help in any situation I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

 

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
11 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

 

Thanks for helping! I will definitely change my parts list!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
12 minutes ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

Buy a USB WiFi or internal WiFi adapter. They're only $25-35, so you'd still be saving at least $50.

 

Can you recommend some good wireless adapters? Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×