Best RTX 2070 Super vendor & model for eGPU

DeKinci

Thanks for coming in!

I'm now a proud owner of Razer Core X Chroma which I am going to use with Dell XPS 9560 for some gaming.

I'm planning on purchasing RTX 2070 Super because it looks really nice in perfomance per buck ratio. Also I prefer quiet cards.

I have already done some research and here are models I like:

ASUS ROG GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER STRIX GAMING OC - I've already had ok experience with asus and cooling looks great

MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO - reddit says it's one of the quietest cards and cooling looks great too

EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC HYBRID Gaming - the reason why I came here.

Watercooling is always the best in noize and temps. But I have zero experience with EVGA and hybrid gpus and a little bit nervous about it. It has a limited discount offer so I need to make decision quickly.

It will definitely fit inside case, that I have checked.

GPUs pricings are nearly the same. Please help me chose one of those or recommend another model.

The Razer Core X Chroma has radiator mounting holes?

My PC : Ryzen 7 3800X | ROG Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi | Trident Z RGB 32 GB DDR4-3600 | Aorus RTX 2080 SUPER | NZXT H710 | MP600 2 TB, 970 EVO Plus 2 TB, WD Black 4 TB HDD | SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 750W | NZXT KRAKEN X72 + a bunch of corsair ql rgb fans

Peripherals : G Pro Wireless, G513 Carbon (Linear), Corsair Virtuoso RGB SE , LG 38GL950G-B

10 minutes ago, DeKinci said:

Watercooling is always the best in noize and temps

Not necessarily, temps on water cooled GPUs are great but pump noise is also a factor. 

Either way, as mentioned above, where will the radiator go on the eGPU dock?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 minutes ago, you have the corona virus said:

The Razer Core X Chroma has radiator mounting holes?

It has a 120mm fan mount bracket (with default fan) and radiator fits in there nicely

7 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Not necessarily, temps on water cooled GPUs are great but pump noise is also a factor. 

Either way, as mentioned above, where will the radiator go on the eGPU dock?

It has a 120mm fan mount bracket (with default fan) and radiator fits in there nicely

As for the pump noize in worst key scenario it can be controlled via 4 pin pwm but I think that using arduino for that might be not ideal option xd

according to the list linked below the EVGA XC hybrid is the best card of the three you mentioned.