Is it really worth it?

I am going to admit, watercooling is something I don't know a ton about. While building my new gaming pc I can't decide if I should go the route of water cooling. But you here stories of tubes breaking and ruining your computer kind of things. Now I'm sure the likely hood of that happening is slim, but could still happen. So what are some pros to watercooling and cons? Should I do it?

If you need to be talked into it, it isn’t for you. 

Pro is it looks better, quieter, better temps and better performance. 

Con is that it costs money. Makes upgrades more difficult as well as diagnosing. Requires more upkeep. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Unless you are looking for a very quiet or highly overclocked build, the watercooling is not worth it.

Expensive air coolers like the dark rock pro 4 and the noctua NH-D15 will give the same class of cooling performance as many large radiators, only surpassed by the likes of 360 and 420mm radiators. You aren't really missing out on much by skipping water cooling.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

10 minutes ago, SkullWerido101 said:

I am going to admit, watercooling is something I don't know a ton about. While building my new gaming pc I can't decide if I should go the route of water cooling. But you here stories of tubes breaking and ruining your computer kind of things. Now I'm sure the likely hood of that happening is slim, but could still happen. So what are some pros to watercooling and cons? Should I do it?

Watercooling is a lot of work for results you can get from simple fans. Watercooling looks cool and is effective but it's a lot more expensive than using cooling fans

39 minutes ago, Perrin said:

Watercooling is a lot of work for results you can get from simple fans. Watercooling looks cool and is effective but it's a lot more expensive than using cooling fans

Well and that's the thing and why I am struggling to decide. I really enjoy the look and how quite it is and how effective it is. I'm not really concerned on the price. I've had problems in the past with overheating, even with a bunch of fans and an air cooler. 

Well water cooling is the answer. Nothing will come close, no air cooler in the world will come close. Neither will cheap aio’s at the same fan speeds. 

Go hard or be a pleb. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

So what would the price range be for a starter water-cooling build using rigid (not soft) tubings? I keep seeing videos that show you what to get but I am unsure where to look except for the basic Home Depot.

My Last Build

B450 Tomahawk Max, ASUS TURBO 1080, Ryzen 7 2700X, T-Force RGB 16GB

Current Project

Macbook Air 13in 2013

The videos mention brands and vendors. 
percomancepc, frozenpc, Amazon, Newegg, eBay. Everywhere sells the parts. 
No idea on price range as there are a million factors. Go to a website and build it like on ekwb. 

18 hours ago, SkullWerido101 said:

Bud, I'll tell ya, the learning part is rough.

I got an H100iv2 for free from a friend and it was basically new.  After having dealt with being an idiot with the mount, I've gone through more than a few board reconfigs and moving fans around to get my H100i v2 performing like it should, though because its used I'm suspecting some things,so I'm going to soon replace it with a Kraken X63.

Its been a rage of a few days to say the least.

4 hours ago, Aremis said:

Bud, I'll tell ya, the learning part is rough.

I got an H100iv2 for free from a friend and it was basically new.  After having dealt with being an idiot with the mount, I've gone through more than a few board reconfigs and moving fans around to get my H100i v2 performing like it should, though because its used I'm suspecting some things,so I'm going to soon replace it with a Kraken X63.

Its been a rage of a few days to say the least.

Do you like having the liquid cool? Was it worth the switch? If I go with liquid cooling I was going to get a Kraken x63 too, I really want the Z but that's an extra $100 I'm not willing to spend, lol. 

Thought you meant real water cooling. Really need to specify when asking like that. 

8 hours ago, SkullWerido101 said:

Do you like having the liquid cool? Was it worth the switch? If I go with liquid cooling I was going to get a Kraken x63 too, I really want the Z but that's an extra $100 I'm not willing to spend, lol. 

Honestly I thought about it today, I'll probably get a corsair cooler again because I can just copy my profiles over easy.

Otherwise, I got the cooler free.  I think its worth doing if you like the look, and you can use the way the cooler works to your advantage.  I didn't expect it to work how it does, but I think I like it a lot more than a normal air cooler.  I'd say if you have a good enough case and you want something nice, go for it.  You can have nice things after all.

On 4/7/2020 at 12:11 PM, Mick Naughty said:

Well water cooling is the answer. Nothing will come close, no air cooler in the world will come close. Neither will cheap aio’s at the same fan speeds. 

Go hard or be a pleb. 

i did that now i have a tower 900 and a hell of a bill to look forward to to maximise its potential. dont be me

10 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

Thought you meant real water cooling. Really need to specify when asking like that. 

I thought he’s talking about custom loop as well hahaha ohh well not this time 😉

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS