Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rileypoio

AMD and Nvidia cross-support

Posted · Original PosterOP

I believe ive read somewhere that you can have one AMD and one Nvidia GPU in the same system. Is this true?

2 minutes ago, Rileypoio said:

I believe ive read somewhere that you can have one AMD and one Nvidia GPU in the same system. Is this true?

yes idk why would you think that is not true

HI, if you liked what i said then please like

You can

Main System: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G, 2x8GB Kingston Valueram @ 2666Mhz, Sapphire Radeon R9 290X, Gigabyte A320M-S2H, Kingston 120Gb M.2 SSD, WD Blue 2.5 Inch 1tb HDD, Cooler Master MWE450, Aerocool CS-100, Dell P2210 1680x1050 OC 70Hz, E-Blue Memcanical "RGB" Keyboard, Logitech MX Anywhere 2S | Laptop: HP ProBook X360 G1 EE: Pentium N4200 @ 1.1Ghz, 4Gb DDR3 1600Mhz 128Gb SSD Linux + Windows Dual Boot | FREENAS/Minecraft Server: Dell OptiPlex 7010: Celeron G1610 @ 2.6Ghz 8GB DDR3 Ram, 500GB Single HDD | Mothballed Optiplex: Celeron G1820, 0Gb Ram, 250Gb HDD

6 minutes ago, Rileypoio said:

It's possible yes, but having them work together is another step.

If you are using a program like Folding@Home and have installed the drivers for both videocards, it's possible to run this software (which does protein simulations) on both of the videocards.

However, it's not like playing a videogame will give you a boost in performance, as the cards will not work together (some people will mention how DX12 can do this.. I have yet to see mainstream support for it though).

See this video for more:

I apologize for the way I am. If my post seemed rude, that was not my intention. Just my ineptness in forming a nice coherent message.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

"FuryBSD, name of your sex tape" - Alex Clark

"How long do I have to keep going on? Someone end it already"

53 minutes ago, minibois said:

DX12 can do this.. I have yet to see mainstream support for it though).

i thought it was just for igpus

57 minutes ago, minibois said:

It's possible yes, but having them work together is another step.

If you are using a program like Folding@Home and have installed the drivers for both videocards, it's possible to run this software (which does protein simulations) on both of the videocards.

However, it's not like playing a videogame will give you a boost in performance, as the cards will not work together (some people will mention how DX12 can do this.. I have yet to see mainstream support for it though).

See this video for more:

I love how he mentions Star Citizen

2 hours ago, Srijan Verma said:

i thought it was just for igpus

Are  you thinking off Mantle?

If my memory serves me right, that was a tech that allowed integrated graphics and dedicated graphics to work together, mainly relevant on low end videocards and APU's.

What I talked about is Explicit Multi GPU.

https://developer.nvidia.com/explicit-multi-gpu-programming-directx-12

2 hours ago, Srijan Verma said:

I love how he mentions Star Citizen

Early LinusTechTips (or Luke) was a big fan of Star Citizen. That is why we have a Star Citizen sub forum here :D

P.S. cursed PC building image:

Spoiler

image.png.0e0bccb0b1d04287675f1974e6d72533.png

I apologize for the way I am. If my post seemed rude, that was not my intention. Just my ineptness in forming a nice coherent message.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

"FuryBSD, name of your sex tape" - Alex Clark

"How long do I have to keep going on? Someone end it already"

Posted · Original PosterOP
23 hours ago, minibois said:

Are  you thinking off Mantle?

If my memory serves me right, that was a tech that allowed integrated graphics and dedicated graphics to work together, mainly relevant on low end videocards and APU's.

What I talked about is Explicit Multi GPU.

https://developer.nvidia.com/explicit-multi-gpu-programming-directx-12

Early LinusTechTips (or Luke) was a big fan of Star Citizen. That is why we have a Star Citizen sub forum here :D

P.S. cursed PC building image:

Hide contents

image.png.0e0bccb0b1d04287675f1974e6d72533.png

why did you show me the image now I'm mentally cursed. I was more thinking of a RX 580 with a RTX 2060 KO