What temps are too hot for a Mobo?

Hey people I just noticed something odd, my MoBo is reaching over 75C in prime for just 20 minutes and will reach about 65-70C under a typical load of 30%-50 usage on everything. The main reason I'm concerned is because my GPU, CPU, and PSU all sit about 10-20 degrees lower than the main board. The Only recent changes were adding a RTX 2080 super (upgrade from a 1050 ti) and I'm not sure if this started with that or has been going on since I built it. Airflow seems pretty good I'd say, cables are well managed, adequate fans, so I don't know what it could possibly be. Thanks for the read, and I hope someone has answers :( 

Specs:

MSI b350m Pro VDH

RTX 2080 super

Ryzen 1600x at 4.3ghz at 1.30v (oc doesent seem to affect temps)

16gb Corsair Vengance LPX

EVGA 1000w titanium rated.

are you running an m.2? when my m.2 gpu and cpu are being pushed hard, my board temps get pretty up there. you can check temp for m.2 with crystaldisk.

also, those temps are too high imo. technically a board temp above 60c is considered an issue.

3 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

are you running an m.2? when my m.2 gpu and cpu are being pushed hard, my board temps get pretty up there. you can check temp for m.2 with crystaldisk.

also, those temps are too high imo. technically a board temp above 60c is considered an issue.

That's what I was thinking, plus a CPU should never be outdone by the board... But I don't have a m.2 I'm using 2 HDD's in raid 0 with a SSD for my OS

Just now, Thatguywiththetoasterpc said:

That's what I was thinking, plus a CPU should never be outdone by the board... But I don't have a m.2 I'm using 2 HDD's in raid 0 with a SSD for my OS

what software are you checking the temps with? have you tried other programs and or bios to check if the temps are legit?

Just now, bmx6454 said:

what software are you checking the temps with? have you tried other programs and or bios to check if the temps are legit?

Advanced System Care... I know it's glorified bloatware. But it's the only app I have that shows the mainboard temp besides the using the BIOS

1 minute ago, Thatguywiththetoasterpc said:

Advanced System Care... I know it's glorified bloatware. But it's the only app I have that shows the mainboard temp besides the using the BIOS

Try this here instead.

hwi_624.exe

try hwmonitor, corsair link, or speccy. or all 3 of them to try and get a clear picture. false readings are common, especially with less than ideal software. hopefully that's the case.

3 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Try this here instead.

hwi_624.exe 7.32 MB · 1 download

Holy crap yeah it's 8 degree's lower on this and has every temp monitoring point listed. Way more f***ing useful, I'm curious where ASC was getting that reading from then? But anyhow I'm going to do another burn test and see what happens with this tool real quick.

19 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

try hwmonitor, corsair link, or speccy. or all 3 of them to try and get a clear picture. false readings are common, especially with less than ideal software. hopefully that's the case.

I think you and BMX might be right, his Software tool shows it almost 10c lower at idle. I'm going to have to test it more to be safe though.

1 minute ago, Thatguywiththetoasterpc said:

Holy crap yeah it's 8 degree's lower on this and has every temp monitoring point listed. Way more f***ing useful, I'm curious where ASC was getting that reading from then? But anyhow I'm going to do another burn test and see what happens with this tool real quick.

Good stuff ain't it ;)

6 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Good stuff ain't it ;)

Yes lol, I used ASC for ram cleaning back when I only had 2g about 7 years ago. (It was a dark time) but anyhow for whatever reason I kept it even after it started to go downhill quality wise. The quick access to temps seemed useful, but I never considered it was just fake numbers being thrown at me...

Yes lol, I used ASC for ram cleaning back when I only had 2g about 7 years ago. (It was a dark time) but anyhow for whatever reason I kept it even after it started to go downhill quality wise. The quick access to temps seemed useful, but I never considered it was just fake numbers being thrown at me...

It may not have been purposely done that way. It really depends how it retrieves the information and the algorithm AMD uses differs from Intels while that program just may be better optimized for Intel.... as an example.

If you guys want an app for on the fly core parking and windows power performance tweaking, just let me know.  

2 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

It may not have been purposely done that way. It really depends how it retrieves the information and the algorithm AMD uses differs from Intels while that program just may be better optimized for Intel.... as an example.

If you guys want an app for on the fly core parking and windows power performance tweaking, just let me know.  

Since you're offering I'd actually be very much interested in the core parking software. It would help with the longevity of my PC if can get it work right with my OC

Since you're offering I'd actually be very much interested in the core parking software. It would help with the longevity of my PC if can get it work right with my OC

You got it. 

You're gonna like this one. 

QuickCpuSetup_(1).zip

11 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

You got it. 

You're gonna like this one. 

QuickCpuSetup_(1).zip 2.89 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks I just got it installed, now I gotta find out what times it would be good to park cores, besides during basic desktop usage. Anything I should know with this program before using it?

4 minutes ago, Thatguywiththetoasterpc said:

Thanks I just got it installed, now I gotta find out what times it would be good to park cores. Besides during basic desktop usage. Anything I should know with this program before using it?

It's free and works well. You'll have to play around with it. It's pretty self explanatory.

So instead of going through all the windows fun of trying to park and unpark cores, which requires more than you think, slide the core parking slider. At different percentages, it parks more or less threads. Typically the SMT threads get parked first. 

Other than that, it's pretty easy to use. 

Here's a screeny of what it looks like on Intel setup.

L@@K, even has memory cleaner!! 🤟

Quick Cpu Intel example.png

18 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

It's free and works well. You'll have to play around with it. It's pretty self explanatory.

So instead of going through all the windows fun of trying to park and unpark cores, which requires more than you think, slide the core parking slider. At different percentages, it parks more or less threads. Typically the SMT threads get parked first. 

Other than that, it's pretty easy to use. 

Here's a screeny of what it looks like on Intel setup.

L@@K, even has memory cleaner!! 🤟

Quick Cpu Intel example.png

Okay yeah I was confused at first by the slider but that makes sense. Thanks a ton for this, yeah I never tried parking cores before because it was kind of a hassle, I figured I'd just try to get Cool 'n Quiet mode to work properly instead. But this should allow to get more out of my OC headroom by turning off that and using this.

15 minutes ago, Thatguywiththetoasterpc said:

Okay yeah I was confused at first by the slider but that makes sense. Thanks a ton for this, yeah I never tried parking cores before because it was kind of a hassle, I figured I'd just try to get Cool 'n Quiet mode to work properly instead. But this should allow to get more out of my OC headroom by turning off that and using this.

Any time. :D