How to transfer data from HDD to M.2 SSD/set us as boot drive.

GhostlyNova

Title basically explains it. I'm planning on getting a 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus for my PC and making that my boot drive and I wanted to know how to make it the boot drive and, if possible to transfer all of my data from my 1TB WD Black HDD. Thanks!

You can use software like AOMEI Backupper

But it's best to reinstall windows with the old drive disconnected(windows installation is weird) and move your files over. Less hiccups with drivers and I'm of the personal belief you should reinstall windows ever 1-2 years.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

12 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

I'm of the personal belief you should reinstall windows ever 1-2 years.

If it is running fine then you don't need to reinstall Windows every 1 - 2 years. Ain't nobody have time for that.

go to Hirens boor cd website and get the software make it as bootble boot to it and inside you will find hard drive cloning software you colne your old hard drive into new and bott from the new one look it up

https://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/