No Post After Enabling XMP Profile

Hi everyone! I recently purchased a 16gb kit of Corsair vengeance pro rgb 3000mhz ram for my asrock z270 m4 motherboard. I have a very stable 4.5ghz overclock on an i7 6700k, and everything works great with the vengeance ram installed.... until I enable the xmp profile in my bios. At that point the system reboots and I no longer post. Does anyone have any recommendations or can help me figure out if I’m doing something wrong? Thank you so much!!

this could be just my ram, but i am running corsair vengeance lpx 3000mhz with the same asrock board. only difference is 6600k cpu. i always had an issue running it at 3000 with xmp. it would crash alot, and occasionally not boot. took me forever to figure out that it would be stable if i ran xmp and also bumped the voltage to 1.395v. this has worked perfect for me with zero crashes in over 6 months(from ram anyways...), hopefully helps you aswell. as far as no post, if you cant fix it, just clear the cmos real quick and it should boot. keep in mind this resets the bios, so any and all changes will be reset to factory.

edit, if our boards are the same, there isn't an accessible cmos battery, you have to jump pins 2/3 on "clrmos1"

29 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

this could be just my ram, but i am running corsair vengeance lpx 3000mhz with the same asrock board. only difference is 6600k cpu. i always had an issue running it at 3000 with xmp. it would crash alot, and occasionally not boot. took me forever to figure out that it would be stable if i ran xmp and also bumped the voltage to 1.395v. this has worked perfect for me with zero crashes in over 6 months(from ram anyways...), hopefully helps you aswell. as far as no post, if you cant fix it, just clear the cmos real quick and it should boot. keep in mind this resets the bios, so any and all changes will be reset to factory.

edit, if our boards are the same, there isn't an accessible cmos battery, you have to jump pins 2/3 on "clrmos1"

Thank you so much! I actually had access to the cmos battery so I got everything back to factory and then reconfigured my cpu oc. I suppose I could give the memory voltage a tweak. What would be the voltage limit in which I should just say, to hell with it? Lol

well 1.5v is technically the highest it should go, but i've never gone near that number, somewhat because i don't want to fry 90$ lol, but mainly because i didn't have a need. i jumped it to 1.44v, and than pulled it back slowly until it crashed, and bumped it back to the previous number. it was 1.395v for me, probably for yours as well. i would just try 1.4v or 1.395v and see if it works and go from there. if your worried about cooking it, you wont. not at those numbers. either way, at least now you know how to get it back to running if it bricks lol.

9 hours ago, bmx6454 said:

well 1.5v is technically the highest it should go, but i've never gone near that number, somewhat because i don't want to fry 90$ lol, but mainly because i didn't have a need. i jumped it to 1.44v, and than pulled it back slowly until it crashed, and bumped it back to the previous number. it was 1.395v for me, probably for yours as well. i would just try 1.4v or 1.395v and see if it works and go from there. if your worried about cooking it, you wont. not at those numbers. either way, at least now you know how to get it back to running if it bricks lol.

you're awesome. Thank you!! :)