To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade

So I have a Ryzen build you can check out on PC parts picker if you feel so inclined https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Hnq48d

The breakdown 

1700x - With a stable OC of 3.9

Fractal Design S24

Gigabyte GA-AX370 Gaming K7

16Gb G Skill DDR4-3600

970 evo NVME 500GB 

I recently upgraded my rx580 out for a 2070 super 

and to a 1440p MSI monitor over the 1080p I was gaming on 

I also recently put in anther 1tb ssd for more storage

So I have been kicking the idea of getting a 3600x to swap out for the 1700x, given sizable performance boost to the 7nm Zen 2 architecture and a $179 price point

Do you all think this would be a noticeable move to do? I will be loosing out of 2 cores but from what I have read the 3600 stomps the 1700x in both single and multi threaded applications. 

I am basically here needing confirmation from the community that this will be a worth while upgrade.  

Just now, Ducati888 said:

So I have a Ryzen build you can check out on PC parts picker if you feel so inclined https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Hnq48d

The breakdown 

1700x - With a stable OC of 3.9

Fractal Design S24

Gigabyte GA-AX370 Gaming K7

16Gb G Skill DDR4-3600

970 evo NVME 500GB 

I recently upgraded my rx580 out for a 2070 super 

and to a 1440p MSI monitor over the 1080p I was gaming on 

I also recently put in anther 1tb ssd for more storage

So I have been kicking the idea of getting a 3600 to swap out for the 1700x, given sizable performance boost to the 7nm Zen 2 architecture and a $179 price point

Do you all think this would be a noticeable move to do? I will be loosing out of 2 cores but from what I have read the 3600 stomps the 1700x in both single and multi threaded applications. 

I am basically here needing confirmation from the community that this will be a worth while upgrade.  

Is your current system not performing the way you want it too? What is your usecase?

It is currently performing good no issues, it always does anything I throw at it with ease. 

I suppose I am a little bit of a performance junky and if there is options within reason and budget. 

I would also upgrade the mobo to b450, x470, or b550 so you don't get to left out with outdated mobo.

5 minutes ago, Way2Broke said:

I would also upgrade the mobo to b450, x470, or b550 so you don't get to left out with outdated mobo.

7 minutes ago, Way2Broke said:

I would wait till Zen 3 come out so you can snack 3700x or 3900x at a good steal deal.

I was thinking that too, 

Granted this MOBO at the time of purchase was the highest end one I could get, even now I think it stacks to to most b450 boards. 

I have done some  comparisons recently with boards like the b450 tomahawk ect. and found this x370 does hold its own fairly well. 

As far as waiting for the new Zen 3 to hit the shelves, that isn't a bad idea. The 3600/3700/3900 Would more than likely be at an even better price range than now. 

I wouldn't upgrade now, hold out for the ryzen 4000 series and see if your motherboard is compatible.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

6 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

I wouldn't upgrade now, hold out for the ryzen 4000 series and see if your motherboard is compatible.

They do say the 4000 series chips will be mid to late 2020

But with "Human Malware" being a thing, I would hate to have to wait tell end of the year or beginning next year to slot in a new chip, 

On the other hand, I can wait.  

2 minutes ago, Ducati888 said:

They do say the 4000 series chips will be mid to late 2020

But with "Human Malware" being a thing, I would hate to have to wait tell end of the year or beginning next year to slot in a new chip, 

On the other hand, I can wait.  

If you can wait, then wait. Don't waste your money on an upgrade if you don't need it.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

7 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

If you can wait, then wait. Don't waste your money on an upgrade if you don't need it.

so i should get a better chair and desk set up? 

Yes i can wait. I suppose 

Just now, Ducati888 said:

I cannot make the decision for you, my recommendation is just upgrade what needs upgrading.

7 minutes ago, Ducati888 said:

Save $$$ now. Spend later when Zen 3 come out. Chair and desk you can buy them later or steal them.

1 minute ago, Way2Broke said:

Save $$$ now. Spend later when Zen 3 come out. Chair and desk you can buy them later or steal them.

Ah yes theft my favorite! I like your style