System reserved

So yesterday me and my mate spent a few hours getting all the stuff he needed to build a nice "entry level" gaming PC. Now since I found the parts and put it together I asked him to go home and install Windows on his own. Mentioning that I recommend him to unplug the 500gb storage ssd.

Here's the thing, he forgot. And after installing Windows, his system reserved is sitting on his 500gb ssd and not his 120gb ssd like the rest of his system. So my question is, can he move the System reserved to the storage ssd drive? Does it matter that it's on the 500gb and not the 120gb? Will the system boot slower if he starts to fill up his shiny new 500gb ssd?

Hope someone will be able to help me out. I have not tried this myself before so I don't know how to help him really. Thank you all in advance❤️

(Picture is if my explanation is horrible, which it most likely is😵)

1586220347243.jpg

Yes, he can move system storage partition from the other drive to the main os drive using 3rd party tools like EaseUs or Minitool.

Just now, Way2Broke said:

Yes, he can move system storage partition from the other drive to the main os drive using 3rd party tools like EaseUs or Minitool.

Would you know if there is a guide on that? So far he found something called AOMEI Backupper. Would that work?

2 minutes ago, ScandianViking said:

Would you know if there is a guide on that? So far he found something called AOMEI Backupper. Would that work?

I remember I am using this guide https://www.diskpart.com/articles/move-system-reserved-partition-4348.html

But be prepare for the worst consequence that he might lose all his data and have to reinstall Windows.

3 minutes ago, Way2Broke said:

I remember I am using this guide https://www.diskpart.com/articles/move-system-reserved-partition-4348.html

But be prepare for the worst consequence that he might lose all his data and have to reinstall Windows.

The PC is brand new so... No data in any of the drives yet. 

Did that happen to you?

Just now, ScandianViking said:

The PC is brand new so... No data in any of the drives yet. 

Did that happen to you?

I did not have to reinstall Windows or lose data using the method in the link, but just prepare for the worst consequence if things did not go the way you really want.

1 minute ago, Way2Broke said:

I did not have to reinstall Windows or lose data using the method in the link, but just prepare for the worst consequence if things did not go the way you really want.

Thanks a lot. You used the software method?

Thanks a lot. You used the software method?

Yes. I follow the guide in the link.

13 minutes ago, Way2Broke said:

Yes. I follow the guide in the link.

So he followed your steps and have a question.

The original system reserved is a system, which this is not. Does that make a difference. And does it look right? Also what to do with the old system reserved

1586222513029.jpg

So he followed your steps and have a question.

The original system reserved is a system, which this is not. Does that make a difference. And does it look right? Also what to do with the old system reserved

1586222513029.jpg

The system reserve partition on os drive should not have any drive letter assign to. After you fix this, disconnect all internal drives beside the os drive then boot to see if the computer boot into windows. if it does, then you can go ahead delete the old system reserve partition.

Yeah I spotted that too. Not sure why he gave is a letter even though it said not to...

Need to tell him read more careful

Thanks a lot. You've been a great help

15 minutes ago, ScandianViking said:

Yeah I spotted that too. Not sure why he gave is a letter even though it said not to...

Need to tell him read more careful

Thanks a lot. You've been a great help

No problem.

1 hour ago, Way2Broke said:

No problem.

He is quite busy atm. What if it does not boot?