rx 5600xt or rtx 2060

Duckeee

recently bought a nice cheap second hand pc off my computer guy, its specs are cpu i7 2600k, gpu gtx, 16gb of ram. Now i i'm on a budget and i'm sort of restricted to below $670 aud because of corona. lets say in a normal game of rainbow six i can achieve a constant 100fps+ on lowest graphic settings but i would like to boost the graphic quality to medium, now lets say fortnite my minimum fps is vary between 70-80fps and my max goes a little over 120fps on low graphic settings, on fortnite i want my minimum fps to be atleast a high 90 or no drop below a low 100 like 104fps. i have asked this question many times "what gpu to get and many people have said rx 5600xt or a rtx 2060, i am posting this to clarify the best for me unless there is something way better  for me other than these gpus in budget, please stick to whether i should get a rtx 2060 or a rx 5600xt.

11 minutes ago, Duckeee said:

recently bought a nice cheap second hand pc off my computer guy, its specs are cpu i7 2600k, gpu gtx, 16gb of ram. Now i i'm on a budget and i'm sort of restricted to below $670 aud because of corona. lets say in a normal game of rainbow six i can achieve a constant 100fps+ on lowest graphic settings but i would like to boost the graphic quality to medium, now lets say fortnite my minimum fps is vary between 70-80fps and my max goes a little over 120fps on low graphic settings, on fortnite i want my minimum fps to be atleast a high 90 or no drop below a low 100 like 104fps. i have asked this question many times "what gpu to get and many people have said rx 5600xt or a rtx 2060, i am posting this to clarify the best for me unless there is something way better  for me other than these gpus in budget, please stick to whether i should get a rtx 2060 or a rx 5600xt.

dont be thinking of any current gen or even last gen when your cpu is a 2nd gen intel. i would get a second hand 6 or 7 gen nvidia or a rx570 maybe. or you could upgrade cpu/mobo to at least 6 gen to use a 5600 or a 2060. if you use your current setup with either gpu, there would be a great deal of bottlenecking. but as for the better gpu, 2060 if you want ray tracing and other nvidia exclusives and better drivers, or if you need better compute and possibly cheaper the 5600xt would be better. for your gaming stuff, i would go for 2060, or maybe a second hand 10 series nvidia as rainbow six etc are not super demanding

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

5 minutes ago, piratemonkey said:

dont be thinking of any current gen or even last gen when your cpu is a 2nd gen intel. i would get a second hand 6 or 7 gen nvidia or a rx570 maybe. or you could upgrade cpu/mobo to at least 6 gen to use a 5600 or a 2060. if you use your current setup with either gpu, there would be a great deal of bottlenecking. but as for the better gpu, 2060 if you want ray tracing and other nvidia exclusives and better drivers, or if you need better compute and possibly cheaper the 5600xt would be better. for your gaming stuff, i would go for 2060, or maybe a second hand 10 series nvidia as rainbow six etc are not super demanding

yeah i know its bottlenecking but i can't spent anymore money atm, i have a new motherboard and cpu on hold in the uk so the only thing i can do is get a new gpu from australian sites or stores.

5 minutes ago, Duckeee said:

yeah i know its bottlenecking but i can't spent anymore money atm, i have a new motherboard and cpu on hold in the uk so the only thing i can do is get a new gpu from australian sites or stores.

sounds good. i would recommend nvidia as amd drivers arent the best. either a 1070/1080 second hand or a 2060 would be more than fine probably 

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

If the price is similar, i say 2060 is the better choice but since you want high min fps, your cpu or/and ram will probably hold you down especially if it's not overclock. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |