My pc won’t turn on (think it’s a MB issue)

My pc won’t turn on :/

i recently built a pc (early january) and it was working fine until today, i used to to do programming and alot of gaming. I go to hit the power button and it doesn’t turn on and i thought the power switch wasn’t working so i tried to jump the power pins with a screwdriver and nothing was working either. the weird thing about it is that i can see the rgb lighting on my MB was on the whole time. this is my first build too i hope i didn’t ruin anything, any help? (i’m 75% sure it’s a MB problem :/)

The setup:

MB:ASUS B450F Gaming
CPU:R5 2600
GPU: XFX RX580 8G
RAM: 2x Corsair LPX Vengeance 4G
Case: NZXT H510

PSU: seasonic FOCUS Gold 550w

23 hours ago, papajo said:

sounds like a fried mobo or psu

i don’t think my mb is fried because right after posting this i got it to work (i took it apart and assembled it on top of the mb box, jumped the power pins but i had to hold it down for a few seconds and it turned on, same with the case switch when i put it back in the case) and now this morning the same problem again :/

2 hours ago, Ducati888 said:

Do you use a surge protector?

no, i don’t. but i don’t think that was the issue since i got it working yesterday again and now this morning i have the same problem again ( i explained what i did in the previous reply)

29 minutes ago, branfung said:

i don’t think my mb is fried because right after posting this i got it to work (i took it apart and assembled it on top of the mb box, jumped the power pins but i had to hold it down for a few seconds and it turned on, same with the case switch when i put it back in the case) and now this morning the same problem again :/

then maybe your didnt install it well on the case and there is something that shorts the motherboard check the nuts of the PC case  that hold the mobo are all of them on a hole on the mobo or is one or more just touching the PCB? also are all the nuts well screwed to the case or are some more loose? (which means some are higher than some others and thus bend the board when you screw it in) 

Also make sure that the mobo doesnt touch any metallic surface in the pc case. check the cables too is there any damaged cable like having a cut on the plastic (which in contact with the case could lead to issues) or bend at 90degrees or more? 

• 4 weeks later...

there was one that was a little bent i just took it off because there was no way i was screwing it like that because if i tried screwing the MB in, it just bends the board

now i RMA’d the motherboard they told me “Test ok” and “Could not duplicate customers reported issue” maybe now it’s a CPU problem?? because as soon as i got the board back i installed everything right and tried to turn on my pc but still nothing, no fans no lights nothing