Quadro® RTX™ 5000 for laptop is not sold separately?

repmel007

I thinking on buying a new workstation laptop with the thought in mind to upgrade it in the future to a Quadro® RTX™ 5000 GPU but from what I've managed to see online these GPUs series are not sold separately. Am I right or just don't know where to look?

laptop graphics cards are not known to be upgradeable. The MXM form factor, the closest thing to a standard, is all but completely dead, and companies like Alienware have a proprietary standard that has limited options, if there are options at all.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

You are right, most graphics cards for laptops need to be custom made for each brand/model and the same with cooling for the graphic card.

Not much good in swapping a medium power hungry card for a high power one if the laptop cant handle the additional power draw or additional heat.

Just now, Fasauceome said:

laptop graphics cards are not known to be upgradeable. The MXM form factor, the closest thing to a standard, is all but completely dead, and companies like Alienware have a proprietary standard that has limited options, if there are options at all.

That's really annoying. so only SSD and RAM are upgradable?

1 minute ago, repmel007 said:

That's really annoying. so only SSD and RAM are upgradable?

For the most part, that's basically it, unless you get extremely creative.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, zeecue said:

You are right, most graphics cards for laptops need to be custom made for each brand/model and the same with cooling for the graphic card.

Not much good in swapping a medium power hungry card for a high power one if the laptop cant handle the additional power draw or additional heat.

I thinking on buying the MSI WS65 9TM  so I know it can handle it