Will Factory Resetting my PC will reset to default my REGEDIT settings and Command prompt commands i've used?

Mark30031

I kind of messed up and watched different videos of boosting my pc and I feel stupid, I want to reset all my REGEDIT settings and Command prompt commands i've used, will a factory reset through "Reset this PC" will do this?

3 minutes ago, Mark30031 said:

I kind of messed up and watched different videos of boosting my pc and I feel stupid, I want to reset all my REGEDIT settings and Command prompt commands i've used, will a factory reset through "Reset this PC" will do this?

It should reset them though I would defnitionally reccomnd backing up your personal files before doing it even if says you don't need to

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

Just now, Ben17 said:

It should reset them though I would defnitionally reccomnd backing up your personal files before doing it even if says you don't need to

I don't have any important files ^^

1 minute ago, Mark30031 said:

I don't have any important files ^^

yes it should reset registry and command prompt scrips you have done though.

I have to do it myself when I accidentally ran a bat file I made once

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

1 minute ago, Ben17 said:

Should I use "Keep my files" or the "Remove everything"?

Just now, Mark30031 said:

Should I use "Keep my files" or the "Remove everything"?

that's up to you 

though I think the keep my files will keep any personal files like pictures or videos and the Remove everything deletes everything and reinstalls  windows 

-Merged topics-

Please refrain from posting duplicate topics in multiply subforums in the future.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

-Merged topics-

Please refrain from posting duplicate topics in multiply subforums in the future.

thanks

Do you really want to boost your PC? Sure, some tuning may do some effect, but if you want to really boost your computer experience, install lot of useful programs and tools that help you with every day work. Computer without programs may be the fastest in the world, but useless. People wants to made their systems loads faster, but that is not how you made your work faster. With all good tools (7z, fast video player, good filemanager, good ftp client, text editor, some tools to help you with every day job etc) your computer experience will be full and fast.

For example - programs like Display Fusion, VNC, media servers, GPU controlling tools, messaging apps, office, email clients, fast PDF viewer etc can slow down your boot, but finally make your work faster. So do not focus on system boot time, it's not that important.

2 hours ago, homeap5 said:

So do not focus on system boot time, it's not that important.

Unless I am away for long periods of time, my PC workstation stays on 24/7 with the monitor power turned off.  Boot time is irrelevant for me.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10