Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gamesalex

PC building

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi can someone please verify for me that this is all the parts you need to build a PC

CPU + cooler

Motherboard

RAM

Storage

Graphics card

Power supply

Case

Thanks in advance

yes.  Are you building a pc soon? if yes budget and country? if no tehn why did you ask?

|Ryzen 7 3700x || Asus strix 5700 XT || Asus strix x570-E || G.skill tridentZ Neo 32gb 3666mhz cl16-19-19-19-39 || cooler master ml360 RGB AIO || Kolink Horizon RGB || Thermaltake grand rgb 750w 80+gold psu || samsung 250 gb ssd || toshiba 5400rpm 1tb hdd || HyperX cloud alpha || Corsair k55 || Asus gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz ||   QUOTE ME, FOR ANSWER.

Read this: 

2 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

yes.  Are you building a pc soon? if yes budget and country? if no tehn why did you ask?

Yes but I have all my parts picked and I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything

Just now, gamesalex said:

s but I have all my parts picked

what parts?

|Ryzen 7 3700x || Asus strix 5700 XT || Asus strix x570-E || G.skill tridentZ Neo 32gb 3666mhz cl16-19-19-19-39 || cooler master ml360 RGB AIO || Kolink Horizon RGB || Thermaltake grand rgb 750w 80+gold psu || samsung 250 gb ssd || toshiba 5400rpm 1tb hdd || HyperX cloud alpha || Corsair k55 || Asus gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz ||   QUOTE ME, FOR ANSWER.

Read this: 

1 minute ago, SavageNeo said:

what parts?

R5 3600

MSI b450 gaming pro carbon ac

corsair vengeance 2x8gb 3000mhz

1tb crucial p1 nvme ssd

gigabyte gaming oc pro rtx 2060

corsair txm gold 550w psu

corsair spec delta rgb case

All from scan.co.uk total price £966.91

4 minutes ago, gamesalex said:

R5 3600

MSI b450 gaming pro carbon ac

corsair vengeance 2x8gb 3000mhz

1tb crucial p1 nvme ssd

gigabyte gaming oc pro rtx 2060

corsair txm gold 550w psu

corsair spec delta rgb case

All from scan.co.uk total price £966.91

you have to bios update that motherboard. Get msi motherboard with "MAX" at the end; they are already bios updated to support newest ryzen.

EVGA rtx 2060 ko is the best rtx 2060. It uses parts from rtx 2080 but its still rtx 2060.

g.skill rippjaws 3600mhz cl16 its the cheapest and sweetspot ram for your ryzen. Your ram is not that bad, but the rippjaws (cl16 version) is a lot better.

you have: good psu, good ssd, good pc case, good cpu. well done!

Read this: 

1 minute ago, SavageNeo said:

you have to bios update that motherboard. Get msi motherboard with "MAX" at the end; they are already bios updated to support newest ryzen.

EVGA rtx 2060 ko is the best rtx 2060. It uses parts from rtx 2080 but its still rtx 2060.

g.skill rippjaws 3600mhz cl16 its the cheapest and sweetspot ram for your ryzen. Your ram is not that bad, but the rippjaws (cl16 version) is a lot better.

you have: good psu, good ssd, good pc case, good cpu. well done!

Thank you for letting me know about the bios update I didn't know and don't have an old cpu to update the bios with

12 minutes ago, gamesalex said:

don't have an old cpu to update the bios with

The Carbon has BIOS flashback, no cpu needed just a usb drive.

2 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

The Carbon has BIOS flashback, no cpu needed just a usb drive.

Ok I'd still rather not risk it and spend the extra £15 to get a tomahawk max and a wifi card

12 minutes ago, gamesalex said:

Ok I'd still rather not risk it and spend the extra £15 to get a tomahawk max and a wifi card

It's more of a feature than a risk and the Carbon is a slightly better board but the Tomahawk Max is also pretty good so whatever suits you.

16 minutes ago, gamesalex said:

There is no reason why the Gaming Pro Carbon should not have an up to date bios by now. If you are buying from Scan then just ask them if they can verify it is Ryzen 3000 ready. Otherwise updating it is a 2 min job.

Winter is Coming.