High Airflow Case

Hi, wondering what's the best airflow case (midtower) under 500$?

Can't go wrong with a case that literally is open such as the Thermaltake Core p3, p5 etc.

7 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

(still RGB)

LOL

7 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

Moved to less expensive and smaller AIO (240mm will cool basically any CPU on the market)

Is there any better choice? I just need the best, for an open budget.

2 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

360mm AIO's are good for really high TDP chips like threadripper but there's really not much point for chips like these (and the threadripper AIO's are all shit because they gunk up real fast and destroy themselves LMAO) - the large radiators just tend to get in the way a bit.

i personally have an 8700k and i notice practically no difference when running it on my 360mm AIO or my 240. when the 360 finally gets to the end of it's life i'll just switch to a 240.

you could look into a 280MM AIO if you want but at that point top-mounting it becomes a memory clearance issue for a lot of cases, which is another reason why i put it down as 240 because you don't know what case you're getting just yet. Ultimately it's a soldered IHS and I have a H100x keeping the raging inferno that is 8th Gen intel cool at 5.1G in another system. 
NZXT tends to make quite overpriced coolers (albeit they're pretty) but even on an open budget, it's not really worth the extra money. It's just an asetek cooler with a different top on it at the end of the day. I'd say to add some more storage drives with the savings on it.

remember - whatever AIO you get, you're gonna want to put some proper fans on it. EK Vardars are pretty good and i use those on all my radiators.

Well that's helpful, Thank you!

I think Im going with H500M case so any AIO would fit without problems.

if you had this budget, what will be your choices? would like to see your build.

Actually Hardcore overclocking recommends getting an x570 taichi over the msi ace unless you physically can't look at the asrock bios 

Also if your budget is almost 7 grand why not get into the world of custom water cooling

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

45 minutes ago, Gundar said:

why not get into the world of custom water cooling

Because this will be my first build ever, xD, what's the best 2080ti GPU I can get? 

Lol i'm planning my first build with custom loop cause I have nothing to do and lots of time and as for best 2080 ti it depends. You could get a kingpin thats worse than a pny blower card because of silicone lottery. Because of this just get a card that has good cooling and that you think looks cool. Most cards custom pcb or not suffer from Nvidia's power limit which restricts your power limit which means it ain't going to matter if their an extra power delivery on the card because of silicone lottery so let me eliterate get a card that looks cool and has good cooling and pray that you get lucky. The exception to this is the hall of fame cards and the King pin that have no such restriction but they are really made for LN 2 overclocking and unless you're comfortable that the Kingpin can draw some 500 whats on an overclock you should buy some different GPU.

AMD blackout rig

4 minutes ago, Gundar said:

Lol i'm planning my first build with custom loop cause I have nothing to do and lots of time and as for best 2080 ti it depends. You could get a kingpin thats worse than a pny blower card because of silicone lottery. Because of this just get a card that has good cooling and that you think looks cool. Most cards custom pcb or not suffer from Nvidia's power limit which restricts your power limit which means it ain't going to matter if their an extra power delivery on the card because of silicone lottery so let me eliterate get a card that looks cool and has good cooling and pray that you get lucky. The exception to this is the hall of fame cards and the King pin that have no such restriction but they are really made for LN 2 overclocking and unless you're comfortable that the Kingpin can draw some 500 whats on an overclock you should buy some different GPU.

give me your opnion about this:

I'm actually confused between Asus & msi & FTW3 ultra hybird 2080ti's, which one got the best performance??

First are you gonna just game for however long this pc build will last you? Cause otherwise let me introduce to ryzen

About the graphics card the hybrid has the best cooling so best overclocks = best gpu if you don't mind adding an extra source of failure to your system

AMD blackout rig

Why do you need so much storage? 

Also any sorta budget or are you willing to spend any amount of money?

AMD blackout rig

2 minutes ago, Gundar said:

First are you gonna just game for however long this pc build will last you? Cause otherwise let me introduce to ryzen

yup, and maybe I'll wait for the next gen of intel cpu's & 30xx.

not quite sure.

Just now, Gundar said:

Why do you need so much storage?

I'm editing 4k&8K raw photos, using adobe programs.

so I'll be using the SSD for programs& games, while archiving everything on the HDD.

Any overclocking?

Quick notice I google searched how much ram you need for 8k footage and it says 64 so that might need an upgrade

AMD blackout rig

I mean overall if this is what you wan't upgrade the ram to 64 for video editing 8k and that monitor is a no no from me since when video editing you're looking for color accuracy and a VA panel won't give you that that's what an ips is for. But really this is your money if you wan't double kingpin in sli, if you wan't to stick a threadripper in there go for it thats the beauty of building your own pc you can do whatever you wan't but do your research 

AMD blackout rig

42 minutes ago, Kretoo said:

If you have enough moeny to afford that then this probably wont matter but you would shave over $1000 off that with a different monitor/ dual or triple monitor setup instead and going with cheaper other parts but that wasnt the question... Corsair do some good cases, here are some:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Crystal-Airflow-Tempered-Gaming/dp/B07MFR1VDN/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=corsair+case&qid=1586171297&sr=8-6

27 minutes ago, Gundar said:

Any overclocking?

Yup I'm gonna be overclocking the CPU & GPU if needed for more FPS on that 200hz 2K ultrawide monitor.

30 minutes ago, Gundar said:

how much ram you need for 8k footage and it says 64 so that might need an upgrade

No, actually 32GB is overkill, because it's 8K photos not videos.

The videos I'm editing are mostly 1080p.

15 minutes ago, Gundar said:

hat monitor is a no no from me since when video editing you're looking for color accuracy and a VA panel won't give you that that's what an ips is for

Yup sure, I'm going to use the LG 27UK-650-W for Editing. it's(4K,27",ips)

17 minutes ago, Gundar said:

But really this is your money if you wan't double kingpin in sli

I heard that SLI is mostly dead, so getting a single powerful GPU would be the best, but here's the question, again, what's the best 2080ti GPU I can get?

I chose the EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID, and im actually confused between this GPU and other popular choices such as Asus & Zotac & MSI.

which one got the best performance?

thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, Avocheeseado said:

If you have enough moeny to afford that then this probably wont matter but you would shave over $1000 off that with a different monitor/ dual or triple monitor setup instead and going with cheaper other parts but that wasnt the question... Corsair do some good cases, here are some:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Crystal-Airflow-Tempered-Gaming/dp/B07MFR1VDN/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=corsair+case&qid=1586171297&sr=8-6

Cool, how about the GPU? 

2 minutes ago, Avocheeseado said:
48 minutes ago, Kretoo said:

I'm actually confused between Asus & msi & FTW3 ultra hybird 2080ti's, which one got the best performance??

Best performance would be the evga hybrid otherwise looks fine to me good luck building 

AMD blackout rig

1 minute ago, Gundar said:

Best performance would be the evga hybrid otherwise looks fine to me good luck building 

Thanks for your time, much appreciated.

18 minutes ago, Kretoo said:

Cool, how about the GPU? 

the MSI Gaming X Trio looks like the fastest out of the box but the EVGA FTW3 ultra hybrid is also great. They all have very similar performance and would only have 1-5fps difference in game so I would worry too much.

Just now, Avocheeseado said:

the MSI Gaming X Trio looks like the fastest out of the box but the EVGA FTW3 ultra hybrid is also great. They all have very similar performance and would only have 1-5fps difference in game so I would worry too much.

Great, which one is better for an open budget, FTW3 or MSI?

38 minutes ago, Kretoo said:

Great, which one is better for an open budget, FTW3 or MSI?

I would go with the FTW3.. Good luck with the build!