GTX1660ti vs RTX 2060 which to buy

denver2020

Hi Guys,
I currently use a GTX1050 coupled with a Ryzen5 3400G. Planning to upgrade to a proper graphics card with new PSU to support additional power requirements.

It has now come down to 3 cards
  1. GTX1660TI Gaming OC 6G GDDR6 (GV-N166TGAMING OC-6GD) - Cost-USD307
  2. RTX2060 6GB GDDR6 OC Edition (GV-N2060OC-6GD) - Cost-USD340
  3. Radeon RX5600XT GAMING OC 6GB GDDR6 OC Edition (GV-R56XTGAMING OC-6GD) - Cost  USD335

Why i may not choose the AMD card 
  1. I  have an Nvidia Shield connected to my TV (which i have not used so far for any game streaming but do intend to in future with a newer card).
  2. I have read many comments on AMD screwing up the drivers (more so than Nvidia).
So i seek advise from you to make the best decision.
  1. is this particular 2060 model better than the 1660TI i have chosen for the price point, i know that RTX is not a huge gap but still a better card for a minor improvement in FPS and ray tracing?
  2. Should i really forgo the AMD card for the aforementioned reasons?
  3. Also intend to setup VR gaming. not sure any preferred card here for better VR gaming?
Thanks in advance.

So, if both graphics card are in the same price, get the RTX 2060, they're the same price anyway. If the 2060 is a bit more expensive, ask yourself whether you want ray-tracing or not.

Also note that ray-tracing in 2060 at high-ultra setting can be pretty choppy experience in some games. Ask yourself whether or not the 2060 is worth it for you. And please don't let anyone from the internet make choices for you. Take the advice, ask yourself, and decide. Because no one in the entire galaxy knows youself better than you.

Edited by Azura Lightfeilt
Edited for typo mistakes

I am answering in the order you have asked:
Yes the 2060 will give more fps and you can also get playable fps with RTX on.
Yes, but price to performance proposition is still there

There is a cool video made by linus about what hardware do you want for VR. i'd say go for the 2060

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

Ya i guess looking at more reviews / benchmarks,  i am sliding towards the 2060, thanks for your tips guys.   

I also vote 2060.

I just upgraded to a 5700 XT and yes, it was buggy.  Took a lot of setting adjustments to fix and I've just got it smoothed out now, so I'm happy with it.  For a while there however I was wishing I stuck with Nvidia.  

The 2060 is better at that price point.

SLAMD-XT  Ryzen 2600X 4.125ghz 1.26v~Gigabyte B450 Aorus ELITE~16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz C15~Arcting Cooling Freezer 34 Esports Duo~Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700-XT~CIT chassis~120GB PNY SSD~WD BLUE 3D NAND 1TB SSD M.2~Phobya 120mm G.Silent's~SuperFlower Leadex III GOLD~Razer Basilisk~RedDragon Kumura