Confused about buying or not buying a new PSU.

blackviking03

I currently own a LC-Power 560W 80+ Silver Power Supply. (Sales guy offered it to me when i was building my first pc 2 years ago and i didn't quite know much about PSUs so i decided to take it because the price was really ok and the specs seemed alright.)

Btw: the PSU is really quiet, you can't even hear it when your head is next to the pc case, the only thing i hear are the case fans and the cpu fan.

link: https://www.lc-power.com/en/product/pc-power-supply-units/gp3-series/lc6560gp3-v23/

My PC Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 (non-oc, Wraith Stealth cooler)

RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 3200 MHz G.Skill Ripjaws V

GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX 1050 Ti (i am planning to upgrade to a 1660 Super or a 1650 Super, it will depend on if i either i have to get a new PSU or i if don't)

SSD: 120GB Gigabyte

HDD: 1x 2TB, 1x 1TB, 1x 500GB(my old HDD from the first PC i bought)

So SHOULD i or SHOULDN'T i buy a new PSU since the specs of this one are like head to head with the CX550 from Corsair?

Specs are in the pictures down below:

Screenshot_12.png

Screenshot_13.png

more then enough

keep it

could probably run rtx2080

7 minutes ago, maxdei said:

more then enough

keep it

could probably run rtx2080

Probably not, RTX 2080 site says recommended 650 W PSU.

1 minute ago, blackviking03 said:

Probably not, RTX 2080 site says recommended 650 W PSU.

you wouldn't pair that card with a 4 core so the extra power given for slight oc and better cpu should add up to the diffrence

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

GP3 is in tier  B+ of the PSU tier list, so it's good for you

I've seen that but i wasn't so sure because in the lower tier E it says this:

Screenshot_14.png

1 minute ago, blackviking03 said:

Screenshot_14.png

probably means all other units

2 minutes ago, blackviking03 said:

Screenshot_14.png

u can sue them if the power supply makes a dmage and they probably give you the money so you don't sue them 

and you don't even nearly max it out so

Just now, maxdei said:

u can sue them if the power supply makes a dmage and they probably give you the money so you don't sue them 

I genuinely hope this is a joke.

2 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

probably means all other units

No. It means all units, regardless L-C power does not appear in any other tier therefore it genuinely means all units including his.

1 minute ago, maxdei said:

Calm down dude you don't have to be so savage it's just a PSU, it probably is good since it hasn't damaged any of my components and i have it in my PC for almost 2 years, and i've played REALLY DEMANDING GAMES on it without problems.

Just now, AndreiArgeanu said:

No. It means all units, regardless L-C power does not appear in any other tier therefore it genuinely means all units including his.

Tier B+ - Recommended for midrange systems

• LC-Power GP4 - GP3 Silver

It appears in B+ the specific GP3 (mine, there is a 460w one, 560w one which i own and the 650 w one).

I genuinely hope this is a joke.

acually this isn't 

i meant you shouldn't worry about your hardware if it is fried by said power supply in any country that has decent consumer protecten you can write them from a fictive lawer and say you will sue them 

getting sued will harm them more then replacing your parts so they will do that basic economics

acually this isn't 

i meant you shouldn't worry about your hardware if it is fried by said power supply in any country that has decent consumer protecten you can write them from a fictive lawer and say you will sue them 

getting sued will harm them more then replacing your parts so they will do that basic economics

If it's out of warranty he genuinely can't do anything, the same way you can't do anything if let's say your 5 year old macbook's gpu just fries itself. Not in warranty, not their problem, easy as.

1 minute ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

If it's out of warranty he genuinely can't do anything, the same way you can't do anything if let's say your 5 year old macbook's gpu just fries itself. Not in warranty, not their problem, easy as.

i have just googled that and at least in germany they will still get in legal trouble because you didn't do anything to it, so it must have had these problems when it was sold so it kinda still falls under warranty if it causes damage

6 minutes ago, maxdei said:

*snip*

Also, the company LC Power is barely existent online which could mean that it's just a brand to sell some chinese power supplies so if someone sues them they can just dissolve. To that may I add is that there is non existent customer support or a contact number that I can actually find, the only thing that comes up is for some electric company that is completely unrelated. Suing might work on other companies but not this one at least from my point of view.

1 minute ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Also, the company LC Power is barely existent online which could mean that it's just a brand to sell some chinese power supplies so if someone sues them they can just dissolve. To that may I add is that there is non existent customer support or a contact number that I can actually find, the only thing that comes up is for some electric company that is completely unrelated. Suing might work on other companies but not this one at least from my point of view.

you could still the seller you bought it from or the compani importing it 

if you want i can send you a google translate of an offical site talking about it

you could still the seller you bought it from or the compani importing it 

if you want i can send you a google translate of an offical site talking about it

I don't know, you can't blame the seller for selling a bad product, the same way you can't sue best buy because they sold you a macbook with a butterfly keyboard that broke.

I don't know, you can't blame the seller for selling a bad product, the same way you can't sue best buy because they sold you a macbook with a butterfly keyboard that broke.

there is chain of responsiblity if the manufacture can't be sued-> the company importing it-> the seller

so actually they can

57 minutes ago, blackviking03 said:

link: https://www.lc-power.com/en/product/pc-power-supply-units/gp3-series/lc6560gp3-v23/

Specs are in the pictures down below:

Screenshot_12.png

Ways you know this L&C is a garbage PSU....

1.  230V input only means the primary side is cheaper (undersized) because it can't handle higher current.

2.  Only 470W on the +12V rail.  That does NOT make for a 560W PSU.  That makes for a 500W PSU at the most.

3.  Topology is double forward and it does not use DC to DC for the +3.3V and +5V rails.

4.  Sleeve bearing fan.

5.  All Chinese caps.

lc3.jpg

Not a PSU I would ever suggest using.

4 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Ways you know this L&C is a garbage PSU....

1.  230V input only means the primary side is cheaper (undersized) because it can't handle higher current.

2.  Only 470W on the +12V rail.  That does NOT make for a 560W PSU.  That makes for a 500W PSU at the most.

3.  Topology is double forward and it does not use DC to DC for the +3.3V and +5V rails.

4.  Sleeve bearing fan.

5.  All Chinese caps.

lc3.jpg

Not a PSU I would ever suggest using.

Is this better then?

Screenshot_16.png