[SOLVED] Had some micro stuttering on old build, changed practically every part and the stuttering still happens.. NEED HELP PLZ

Hey guys, 

Old Gaming Rig

CPU: i5-4690k

MOBO: some GIGABYTE MICRO-ATX

GPU: MSI 6GB 980ti 

Storage: 250gb Samsung EVO for OS, 1tb Seagate HDD , 2tb Barracuda HDD  

Memory: 16gb of DDR3 

PSU: 700w Corsair GS700 

i had this rig for around 3-4 years and everything was fine until i started experiencing some stuttering which i primarily noticed when i was gaming. The stutters seemed to happen once every 3-5 minutes and i remember them getting more intense around 2-3 months ago.

Hardware Changed:

I got tired of these stutters and decided to start changing some parts, my CPU was often at 100% usage when i was gaming and so i thought the stutters originated from this. So i purchased a Ryzen 3600x, an ASUS Prime x570-p, and 16gb of DDR4 G.Skill Trident Z.

I also tried installing games from my HDD's to my SSD's to see if it was a HDD issue but the stutters also happened.

I removed the 2 HDD's from my build entirely and am running with the 3 SSD's: 250gb evo, 120gb from amd, and 500gb Kingston.

Once all parts were put in and functioning i started checking temps and tried gaming again and i quickly noticed the stutters had not gone away. I then went onto the next possible problem, my GPU.

I bought a MSI 2070 8GB Armour and installed it in and tried gaming, and although my PC's overall performance greatly increased but the stutters are still happening every 2-3 minutes. 

New Gaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x

MOBO: ASUS Prime X570-P Ryzen 3 AM4 ATX 

GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armour 8GB

Storage: (same one as old build)250gb Samsung SSD, (same one as old build)120gb AMD Radeon 7 SSD, 500GB Kingston SSD

Memory: G.Skill  F4-3200C16D-16GTZR Trident Z 16gb 3200 MHz DDR4

PSU: SAME ONE AS OLD BUILD - 700 watt Corsair GS 700

Software Based Tests done/noticed:

- Fully wiped each drive and reinstalled a clean version of windows and started everything anew 2 weeks before buying the new parts.

- In the performance tab of Task Manager and on MSI Afterburner every time i experience one of these stutters i see i dip in the GPU usage.  

- Used HWmonitor, MSI afterburner, Core Temp to monitor my cpu and gpu temps to and it never goes above 70 degrees Celsius when gaming.

- I have run numerous benchmarks/stresstests with 3Dmark to see any problems and no stutters appeared.

- I used a samsung monitor software to stress test my SSD's with no problems detected.

- I flashed my BIOS to get the newest version from the MOBO's website.

- Updated Ryzen drivers, Chipset drivers.

- Followed a lot of online forums which said to change certain settings in the Nvidia Control Panel, to change timers using CMD, to change cpu performance modes to 99% instead of 100.

- Used Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode to uninstall drivers and install older drivers to no avail. 

What i think might be the issue

So im considering changing my PSU because its literally the only part i haven't changed apart from my SSD's which i dont think are the problem because they seemed to pass the stresstests. I read somewhere that if the PSU isnt giving the gpu or other parts constant voltage or enough it can cause dips in the parts performance?

However, i dont want to spend anymore money without a guaranteed fix because its been a pretty expensive past few weeks... hoping you guys can see something i haven't. 

Thanks for your help!!

ram in slots 2 and 4? xmp enabled? 

install msi afterburner and heaven benchmark. run the benchamark while looking at temps, voltage and frequency and see if there's a pattern when the dips in gpu usage happen.

On 4/5/2020 at 5:17 PM, boggy77 said:

ram in slots 2 and 4? xmp enabled? 

install msi afterburner and heaven benchmark. run the benchamark while looking at temps, voltage and frequency and see if there's a pattern when the dips in gpu usage happen.

i indeed had my RAM in slots 1 and 3 which are now switched to 2 and 4. I also enabled xmp.

I ran a benchmark on 3Dmark and my gpu was perfectly fine and had no stutter, however it never showed any sign of stuttering in any of my past benchmarks (I attached the results incase im missing something and another pic from MSI afterburner showing the DIP)

I tried gaming after this and im still getting the stutters..

3DMARK_BENCHMARK.PNG

gpu_usage_dip.PNG

so i fixed the problem,  i reinstalled windows on another ssd and it fixed the problem.