How to edit videos in a Pandemic

nicklmg
45 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

What trial?

It's free forever? Linus mentioned in the video about payment according to usage. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

35 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

It's free forever? Linus mentioned in the video about payment according to usage. 

The basic thing is free. It's the multi-display-thing that requires payment. If you only care about a single display, you're not losing out on any useful feature, whatsoever, with the free version.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

24 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

The basic thing is free. It's the multi-display-thing that requires payment. If you only care about a single display, you're not losing out on any useful feature, whatsoever, with the free version.

Oh.. noice. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

7 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

Noice, now i can play non-Steam games with my 9 years old laptop downstairs with less hassle compare to Steam Link. 😆

How long is the trial btw? 

in addition to what werecatf said, the paid version does also have administrative tools for companies to manage accounts with access to work machines. You can still switch displays on the settings, just not on the fly. Everything else is free

What does Linus with the Icron Box on the Desk?

From AT. :x

On 4/6/2020 at 12:26 AM, nicklmg said:

I am facing host encoder errors even when I have update my intel graphics. Whats the problem. Please help!

• 3 weeks later...

I have what I think is an excellent solution to your remote editing challenges that resolves Parsec's issues with blockiness and color compression. 

NICE DCV is a pixel-streaming based (instead of of bitmap streaming or H.264/5 video) remote desktop protocol with full 10-bit color support and incredible compression quality. In addition, it is just as fast as, if not faster than, Parsec's response time. 

I've tried every remote desktop solution I could find, ranging from Windows Remote Desktop to the likes of Teradici. NICE DCV is the best all around solution that I've found (though Teradici is great too, but they won't sell less than 5 licenses). 

I did a small video about it if you'd like to see it in action. Simply installing it from the NICE DCV site will grant a free 90 day license. 

Download link: https://www.nice-dcv.com/

• 2 months later...

Anyone know what that "Extreme" USB-C hub with integrated heatsink fins on the side is called or who makes it? You can see it sitting on Linus's desk near the left speaker at around 3:17 into the video. I couldn't find anything on line under the "Extreme" branding.